we were going to take the afternoon off in the KINGDOM but the phone rang and we had to get a skidder off the road. they were going to drive the skidder 300 kms over a melting winter road, but the engine had something fly out the side of the block. good thing they were only 40 kms in to the trip. with it being a skidder we needed the 950 loader to lift the blade and push the machine straight so the SCREAMING FORD could winch it on. the 30,000 lbs winch showed no mercy on dragging the skidder on. but in the heat of the day, the road melted enough to make the FORD SCREAM for MERCY. we told the highways guys that we rutted the road for the water to run, wished the SCREAMING FORD had 318 big horse power today, can't posted pictures of the road because they will be used in the court of law. also in the great white north there is no road restriction, if you make it done the road under these condition good for you, thansk
Man, you are funny. :lmao Good pics though. :thumbsup
thansk countryboy, we just had a little FUN in the great white north. next time i'll take the tire chains along. they are no good when they are sitting on the ground beside the shop, LOL thansk
You worked the Ford Today. How much weight you think you had on it?
jmac, i can't say on the weight, it too can be used against me in a court of law, LOL the old SCREAMING FORD has had heavier loads, LOL thansk
KoO, that is a nice looking rig ya got there. BTW I thought everbody liked a little fun in the sun......... you missing winter already?
Looks like a good save!:thumbsup Nice day at the kingdom huh? I've put a lot of miles on old Ford 9000s. Drove one with an 8-71 jimmy with a 5 X 4 tranny. I was hauling waste off a housing job on the Coast Guard base one time when the exhaust pipe broke where it entered the stack. It was so loud it vibrated my ears with plugs in. My third load past the library an MP pulled me over and asked what was the matter with my truck. When I told him he kicked me off the base til I got it fixed. I told him oh thank you thank you. I got to take it to the shop.
Oh the shame....perfectly good cats being carried by a Ford ...I just hope the Screaming Ford has a Cat motor ..maybe an all powerful 3208
it's called the SCREAMING FORD because of the detroit motor in it, if it had a 3208, he'd probably call it something like the RATTLING SOUNDS LIKE ITS ABOUT TO FLY APART FORD, lol. Great pics KoO, I love to follow your adventures, looks like old man winter is finally giving up huh? He's gonna kick our butt tomorrow I guess. I am ready for spring, it should have been here 3 weeks ago lol.
hope you had ear plugs!!!
i had a GMC tandem with a 3208 but it blew up, oh well. i like the detroit because it it OBSOLETE and the truck is 33 years old so it fits in to my life style. i wear ear plugs all the time. thansk
Now thats funny
yes it made a noise and then a connecting rod exited through the side of the block. what a mess that was, LOL nice engine, good fuel mileage but you can't rebuild them. thansk
Hey KoO...sorry to draw amusement from your misfortune but I used to manage 6 dive boats, all with twin 3208T's....you could say we share some common experience..Lol
Check out this tractor pulling video to bring back some bad memories http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g7_bHlQhd8
i'm looking at a 40 steel boat with a 3208 and have no problems with that. i think they are a better industrail engine then a truck engine. it is over $8000.00 for a long block in canada. thansk
it was a start of a good pull. even i couldn't weld that back together, LOL thansk
I generally find that if you starting exiting internal components through places for which they are not designed...they aren't that rebuildable not matter whether they are dry liners or not. Thats about the same price as here. The much maligned 3208 has a bad rap and quite undeservedly. When I got some proper air flow into the dive boats we had bugger all problems. The old 3208 block started out at what 160?Hp...and now its at 435Hp for some applications.....The 3408 was the same...wound it out to 800 Hp in the 8RG version and valves started dropping out all over the place. The 3208's was a hell of a lot better than the 6V53 screamers they replaced....with the Jimmy...it just sounded like you were doing 20 knots
I get to see quite a bit of this but it is usually the after effects only.
aaahh yes the screaming demon,,i remember using lots of either in the winter to start those motors hahhhhhhhhhaha the good days ,,,come home after a long day go to bed and your ears are still ringing :drinkup
yes the engine came from the factory with a can of ether, LOL the best music to play when driving the SCREAMING FORD is AC/DC song THUNDER STRUCK. but i don't have a stero in the truck because i couldn't hear it anyways, LOL thansk
Thats funny! On the Ford dump truck I drove someone had mounted a stereo speaker about three foot tall between the seats. You could hear it good with the stereo wide open.I didn't wear ear plugs so much back then. I figured out after about four months it was doing some damage. ointhead
the dark wrap-a-round sun glasses and earplugs have been my trade mark since it was 16 yeras old. (the earplugs have been so i couldn't hear the wifes, LOL) now in a house with 3 kids, you can hear everything without ear plugs. southern belle hates when i crank up THUNDER STRUCK on the house stero with earplugs in. i tell her i'm driving the SCREAMING FORD. then she takes my beer away and turns off the stero, party is now over, LOL of course it is bath and treat night so i don't say a word, LOL thansk
KoO..maybe you need to change tracks from Thunderstruck to "You shook me all night long" or maybe this: Its a long way (in the Kingdom) to the shop if you want a sausage roll