Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Winter Upgrades on My truck.

nedly05 ยท 2007-04-14 19:06

Had the box, frame and wheels painted on my dump truck. Built a new bumper too, just dont have it on yet. The controls for the box were starting to get fussy so we had them converted to air. Next week we are supposed to be getting a new electric tarp set-up. I also have new LED tail-lights for it. The truck now has the square Stop/turn and tail lights on it, there are 4 wires to it. I got the same light in LED but there are only 3 wires, what two do I have to combine to make the new lights work? Anyone ever do this before? Here are some pics of the truck!

Replies21
  1. #1nedly052007-04-14 19:08

    More of the paint, and the new controls.

  2. #22004F5502007-04-14 19:22

    looks real good, the black rims are nice, don't see it too often.

  3. #3nedly052007-04-14 19:28

    Thanks, I knew you would appreciate a newly painted truck!

  4. #4equipment fan2007-04-14 21:33

    nice upgrades,thanks for the pictures:notworthy

  5. #5greywynd2007-04-14 21:49

    Just wondering, is the fourth wire for the back-up lights? Don't the rectangular ones have the backup lights in there too? If you're going to LED you may have to get a separate white light as a backup light. Mark

  6. #6nedly052007-04-15 07:02

    That may be, can't remember off the top of my head, I'll check it out. Thanks!!

  7. #7ctkiteboarding2007-04-15 09:39

    im pretty sure that is the deal w the wires,,,,,, truck looks great :usa

  8. #8Coastal2007-04-15 11:17

    What did you use for paint on the wheels? And did you paint them on the truck? thanks!

  9. #9nedly052007-04-15 14:34

    We didn't do it ourselves we had it done, The guy said he used chassis black, si I am just assuming that it is chassis paint. I am pretty sure that he didn't take the wheels off. He used the same paint for everything.

  10. #10nedly052007-04-15 14:37

    The LED tail lights have the back-up light built right in. They are identical to the old style, just that they are LED and have 3 wires. Is one of them a ground, and the new LED's are grounded to the mounting stud? Thanks for all the compliments and help!

  11. #11fhdesign2007-04-15 16:32

    Looks sharp, too bad you have to get it dirty now!

  12. #12nedly052007-04-15 20:32

    I'll have to keep it washed up!

  13. #13Prairie Dog2007-04-16 12:27

    Getting it dirty is a good thing. The alternative is worse!! Looks good

  14. #14nedly052007-04-17 05:49

    I'm looking forward to getting it dirty, if it would quit snowing and dry up around here I might get a chance!

  15. #15dumptrucker2008-04-27 10:32

    Your new lights are probably grounded through the mounting stud. Your old ones probably have a ground wire, usually a white one.

  16. #16dumptrucker2008-04-27 10:34

    Sorry didn't realize this thread was old. saw the date but didn't pay attention to the year it was. duh!!

  17. #17nevrenufhp2008-04-27 17:52

    What about improvements under the hood?:usa

  18. #18kubota1232008-05-12 01:41

    Very clean looking truck. I like the black rims!

  19. #19xalexjx2008-05-12 19:57

    let me know if your ever in need of a tri axle for hire...

  20. #20nedly052008-05-13 05:18

    I'll keep ya in mind, we just got a tandem 2 weeks ago, but thats not to say that we wont need help some time. Kinda neet to see people still looking at this thread a year + later!!

  21. #21ddot4302008-06-09 00:25

    wow love gloss black box