Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Seal kits

blacky705 · 2025-08-31 08:49

Hi, has anyone had any luck using a hydraulic seal kit from princess auto? I have a 2008 New Holland B95. I have a real bad leak on the main cylinder that needs to be dealt with pretty soon. Cheers

Replies8
  1. #1Tinkerer2025-08-31 13:50

    Never have used them never will. I have no faith in Chinese made hydraulic seals. Just my opinion.

  2. #2LN Pipeline2025-08-31 17:39

    Considering the ridiculously poor quality products that these auto parts stores are peddling, I wouldn’t consider buying hydraulic seals from them. Just take it to a hydraulic shop and have them source a seal kit. It will likely only be a few dollars more.

  3. #3Badco2025-08-31 19:38

    knowing princess auto and the junk they sell would stay away unless your into changing them out every few months Just had the front bucket cylinder and stable cylinder done at the hydraulic shop cost over $1200.00 to do but one seal was not in stock till late October so had to coustom make one up and had 7 hours labour being the glands were so seized normally 1.5 hours per cylinder

  4. #4Tinkerer2025-08-31 20:34

    Bulldog or Hercules are my preference.

  5. #5Joe H2025-08-31 20:57

    Hercules is in Florida USA

  6. #6Welder Dave2025-09-01 00:43

    I doubt Princess Auto would even have the seals you require. They have seals for the basic farm type cylinders they sell. Most equipment cylinders have more HD seals. Some of their hydraulic components are decent quality though.

  7. #7Check Break2025-09-01 17:15

    Might be less.

  8. #8blacky7052025-09-18 20:43

    Thanks for all your input. I ended up buying Hercules seals from a local dealer. We replaced the one front tilt bucket and learned how to do the job. Fro the rest of the cylinders I purchased a gland wrench and a tool to fold the seals to install the inners. Should make it go smoother. Cheers