I will be removing and replacing an axle on my case 580 sk backhoe. Case originally recommended Loctite 324 and 707 (sealer and activator), but it is no longer available. On similar but smaller surfaces I have successfully used GE silicone caulking, but don't want to take a chance with something this big. What are you guys using?
According to what I find it is still a good product. Looks like the activator 7387 is what is used with it. Although 7075 also seems to be for this stuff. It is an MMA glue. Not really a gasket material like silicone. This is more of a super glue product.
I believe you can use the 7387 activator as a substitute for 7075. Loctite 518 flange sealer would probably be a good choice. And you don’t need a $40 activator.
Thanks. I would rather use something with a little flexibility.
Yeah, this sounds like what I am looking for.
I finally settled on Permatex 82180 Ultra Black. It looks like what was already on there, was easy to use, and seems to be doing the job. Also, no activator required.