Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Second Opinion

nick b ยท 2010-06-30 19:37

I have a fiat allis 14c i was told i could use 15w-40 in everthing. I mean motor, transmission, rear end. What is everyone elses opinion. Thks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1stumpjumper832010-06-30 20:19

    rear your operators manual. It probably says 15-40 in the motor, hydraulic fluid in the tranny, and 90# in the rear. If you put 15-40 in the rear, it will prolly start leaking before you can put the plug back in.

  2. #2John C.2010-06-30 20:52

    As I recall those used 30 wt in the trans but I could have than wrong. It might use gear oil in the final drives but more than likely something a little lighter. You need to find someone with a book to be sure. The steering clutches will definitely not use gear oil. Good Luck!

  3. #3dirthog2010-07-01 14:32

    Just looked in my quick reference book and it says engine oil for everything but the finals and hydraulic system