Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SED 2007 (Site Equipment Demonstration) England

Nick Drew ยท 2007-05-22 15:07

Hi Guys, Today was the first day of the national event for construction machinery here in England..SED 2007. This show is held every year and runs for three days, I will be attending tomorrow (Wednesday) so will have plenty of new photos to post on the site for you all!! Its certainly no Conexpo or Bauma but its the best we have to offer in England In the meantime here are some photos from last years event, unfortunately we were not blessed with good weather last year but tomorrows forecast is SUNNY!!!:notworthy

Replies38
  1. #1Countryboy2007-05-23 20:14

    Great pictures Nick. :drinkup Do they have all lines of equipment there or is it just for certain catagories?

  2. #2Nick Drew2007-05-24 14:50

    OK Here we go !! A great day was had by everyone at the show when I visited yesterday. Countryboy...All types of equipment are on display at the show but I am very biased towards excavators so apoligies for so many photos of them!! There was also a display of Classic Kit photos of which I will post in the old iron section. Hope you all enjoy these pics, I will post more as & when I get the time.

  3. #3Nick Drew2007-05-24 15:12

    The guy in these photos is a bit of a legend at SED with his wild stunts with Hyundai Excavators...Doug Potter always wows the crowds !!!

  4. #4jazak2007-05-24 16:57

    Great pics man!!

  5. #5Mike J2007-05-25 01:06

    Wow nice pics. Wonder how long it took him to get to know the machine well enough to do stuff like that?

  6. #6Nick Drew2007-05-25 14:41

    Hi MikeJ, Well the Hyundai demonstrator Doug Potter is one of the old boys!! He's been on the machines all his life, like myself he started at a very young age "The best time in my opinion" He has even been asked by Hyundai to do Bauma in the past, he is a bit of a legend over here !! I will post some other shots of him at work at previous shows.

  7. #7Nick Drew2007-05-25 16:09

    More Pics from SED 2007

  8. #8telescooper2007-05-25 21:02

    Our Hyundai 160 LC would have a tough time to climb a slope like that. Going down them is no problem, the return can be a different story. The drives aren't very powerful. The Hyundai manaul also says the you shouldn't operate on a slope more than 30 or 35 degrees. The engine could be damaged because of oil starvation.

  9. #9equipment fan2007-05-26 11:30

    awesome pictures nick!!!THANKS a LOT

  10. #10Nick Drew2007-05-26 11:40

    More pics.... a couple of me....1) in a new Case CX240B and 2) Stood by one of my favourite machines of the moment a Takeuchi TB1140

  11. #11Tacodriver2007-05-27 00:43

    Thanks for the excellent pictures. I was just wondering who makes the rubber tired hoe with the grapple on the back of the bucket? Thanks.

  12. #12Dickie2007-05-27 04:10

    I was intrigued by that unit myself. I did the most elementary bit of digging and found out it was made by a group called Huddig. http://www.huddig.se/ Their articulated TLBs have some nifty features, actually.

  13. #13MKTEF2007-05-27 05:28

    Huddig is a speciality machine made for the railroad and electricity market. They have not been able to get even a smal marcedshare in the construction industry though. They have their own patent in lifting devices for personell mounted on the roof. It can be seen on the picture. They also got a lot of other equipment for their marked. Included railroad wheels on brackets in front and on the back. It is to expencive for the construction marked. Price is around 300 000US$.....

  14. #14Nick Drew2007-05-27 08:06

    Very good summary from MKTEF, I have made contact with an expert on these machines in Sweden and I am hoping that she will be joining this forum shortly to offer some advice on these very special machines.:notworthy Keep your eyes on this thread!! Nick:drinkup

  15. #15Nick Drew2007-05-27 08:11

    Another view of the Huddig 1260 on display at SED 2007

  16. #16equipment fan2007-05-27 15:54

    thanks nick, very cool picture

  17. #17Lars Helmersson2007-05-28 07:56

    Huddig of Sweden with Trelleborg Wheels :ban :ban If anyone that saw the Huddig in action has questions about the tires mounted on that machine you can log in to www.trelleborg.com/wheelsystems , there you can find all rim and tireapplications for almost any machine... See you all on Machine Expo in Stockholm this week....???? :bash Lasse H

  18. #18Countryboy2007-05-28 12:26

    Welcome to HEF Lars Helmerss! :drinkup Thats a nice avatar ya got there. :thumbsup

  19. #19Lars Helmersson2007-05-28 14:08

    I suspected that you would like that....:usa

  20. #20James Stafford2007-05-30 04:14

    Sed 2007 Hi Nick, Nice pics there - hope you don't mind if i linked to them on my blog? There's also some vidoes from SED and Bauma there. www.britishconstruction.blogspot.com Cheers, James.

  21. #21Nick Drew2007-05-30 15:18

    No Problem James, Welcome to HEF, Can you just credit me as Nick Drew not Nick "Draw" ???? :lmao :lmao Do I take it you work for Contract Journal then??

  22. #22digger242j2007-05-30 15:34

    I already gave James a rap on the knuckles for that one, Nick. :waving

  23. #23Countryboy2007-05-30 20:18

    Welcome to HEF James Stafford! :drinkup

  24. #24James Stafford2007-05-31 03:30

    OOOPS, Sorry Nick I changed that just now - apologies! Yeah, i work for CJ, we're trying to get our readers to use the internet more and what better way than with videos and pics of diggers!

  25. #25Nick Drew2007-06-13 15:52

    Some more photos from the recent event

  26. #26Nick Drew2007-06-13 16:11

    A few more..

  27. #27Beachbum02862007-06-13 21:36

    So whats the story with the all black case backhoe.

  28. #28Tigerotor77W2007-06-13 23:37

    It's the 50th anniversary BHL... there's a couple of them running around the world.

  29. #29Mike J2007-06-13 23:40

    I think the anniversary edition ones are painted black. It also looks like the American New Holland model with a tool carrier.

  30. #30digger242j2007-06-14 07:17

    I wonder if there are any of the silver ones left?

  31. #31donlang2007-06-14 13:55

    showing your age you are showing your age with that comment............. :usa

  32. #32digger242j2007-06-14 20:23

    And since you obviously recognized the reference, you're showing yours... :cool2

  33. #33Countryboy2007-06-14 20:31

    So, was the Silver backhoe the one with the square wheels or had they invented the round ones yet...:cool2

  34. #34digger242j2007-06-14 22:39

    Ya know, some of us were operating backhoes when you were still in diapers. (Of course, since you were 14 at the time, that doesn't really say much....)

  35. #35donlang2007-06-15 07:05

    digger242j I wouldn't comment much on the diaper topic........seems that you have much experience in the field and would be a difficult one to debate with because of your vast experience level :usa

  36. #36mtb3452007-06-15 11:21

    great pic

  37. #37Countryboy2007-06-15 19:18

    Yeah, what he said....so there....:laugh

  38. #38csquared2007-06-18 22:06

    hmmm new holland bladerunner...