I'm in the process of looking to purchase a Dozer for fence line removal and stock pond building and am wondering what the brain trust here would recommend for a blade type. Specifically looking at Deere 750 and 850 as I can get maintenance parts close by from my Ag dealer. TIA.
If you are mostly doing land shaping I would rather have the 6 way. I have both. D8H and a 700J. The the things the 6 way doesn't like are big rocks and big trees. Not saying you can't use a 6 way, its just a little weaker for pushing immovable objects. If I had to choose one to keep around the farm, it would be the 700J. Be sure to ask your local ag dealer if they can get dozer parts. Ours can not. I have 3-4 JD dealers within 100 miles of me. Only one of them is set up for construction part and service. The others don't even have the software to look up parts for my 700J.
It seems most Deere ag dealers can supply components that are common between ag and construction such as filters and many engine parts. Construction parts with no ag number will be unavailable from an ag dealer. Lots of ag stores, but if its construction, its Murphy around here.
The JD construction dealer here supplies me with all my JD ag parts. He is 2 miles away and the ag dealer is 60 miles. The company that owns the construction dealer owns some ag dealers in another state.
No landscape work, only bull work. I have a few miles of new fence to build and will remove all the old oaks and crap trees in its path. I have 5 cattle stock water ponds to build and 3 to push the mud out of. When I helped out at the stone quarry we had a D6 6 way high track to buff up haul roads and anything you hooked on the corner of the blade would just swing the blade to the others side. TIA.
Common components between ag and construction is all I need, don't want to drive 2 and 3 hours for filters. TIA.