Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

setting some folks straight

BIG D ยท 2008-12-30 20:11

Caterpillar is a brand name its belongs to CAT it isnt a russian caterpillar as I have seen stated they are track type tractors with there own brand name such as Dressta etc COCA COLA has the same problem . Another brand name miss used is BOBCAT they are skid steers I could go on but its not necessary thanks the BIG D

Replies79
  1. #1cat 3852008-12-30 21:07

    alrighty then,glad you cleared that up.

  2. #2roddyo2008-12-30 21:10

    Missed Used Names I think Trojan is another

  3. #3qball2008-12-30 21:13

    get that guy a kleenex

  4. #4roddyo2008-12-30 21:20

    Kleenex I can't, I'm listening to my Walkman.

  5. #5digger242j2008-12-30 21:21

    If you're familair with "Mad Magazine", here's something that appeared in their letters to the editor, many years ago. It subtley makes the point about how the brand name of an industry leader gets applied to all similar products:

  6. #6stock2008-12-30 21:21

    who has a jeep or a hoover or even a hymac as all 360 are called locally, like all rubber tyred diggers are known as JCB's. figure that Stock

  7. #7roddyo2008-12-30 21:30

    It's Called a Proprietary Eponym When a Proprietary Brand Name turns into a General Word it's called a Proprietary Eponym. Excuse me while I get into my Jacuzzi.

  8. #8cat 3852008-12-30 21:35

    dont forget to change out of your levis

  9. #9roddyo2008-12-30 21:38

    levi's Yea I forgot, my "Zipper" broke.:cool2

  10. #10Gavin84w2008-12-30 21:53

    Down here a lot of the time the artic trucks are always referred to as a "Moxy" and track type loaders as "Drotts", same as all skid steer loaders are referred to as "Bobcats". All wrong ofcourse except when the actual brand machine is involved but who ever said everything is right in the dirt game!

  11. #11CM19952008-12-30 21:58

    This thread just reminded me, I am out of Q-Tips.

  12. #12humboldt deere2008-12-30 22:10

    Today I used my skil saw, and sawz all.

  13. #13roddyo2008-12-30 22:29

    Working tommorrow If you are working tommorrow you might need to pickup some Dixie Cups.

  14. #14D6c10K2008-12-30 22:34

    Hand me that crescent wrench...I need to adjust that John Deere caterpillar.

  15. #15Northart2008-12-30 22:42

    xxx I need a aspirin after reading this .

  16. #16australian pete2008-12-31 05:14

    i thought any earthmover painted yellow was a caterpillar, i thought my hyundai excavator was a caterpillar made in korea, and my sumitomo a jap cat

  17. #17Richardjw~2008-12-31 07:55

    Now where have I seen this brand name before? Big D Happy New Year folks!!! :drinkup

  18. #18Legdoc2008-12-31 08:24

    Not all Trojans have tires, some have reservoir ends! Both require an operator!!!

  19. #19Deas Plant2008-12-31 11:49

    What's in a name? Hi, BigD. Something tells me that you aren't getting too good a hearing on this one. There are some rather ungrateful people out there, aren't there? You try to edjyumakate them and they just make fun of you. NOT nice. Trojan? The original 'trojan' was a large, in fact humungously large, wooden replica of a horse that was given to the city of Troy - hence 'trojan' - by the Greeks with whom they had been fighting for quite some time as a 'peace offering'. Trouble was, the sneaky Greeks who had given the city the horse had also filled said large wooden horse with soldiers before offering it to the city of Troy. In the middle of the night, these soldiers came out of the horse and captured the city. Hence the expression, "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Y'all have a wonderful day. (Well, I AM in California at the moment.) Best wishes. Deas Plant.

  20. #20alan627b2008-12-31 15:48

    "When legend becomes fact, print the legend" Robert Wuhl, host of Assume the Position. A real good, humorous show.

  21. #21DPete2008-12-31 17:14

    I have 3 Caterpillars none of which are crawlers or even have tracks :dizzy:stirthepot:duh

  22. #22swampdog2008-12-31 18:17

    Caterpillar: "the wormlike larva of a butterfly or moth" I wonder how much real caterpillars would win in a court settlement if they hired a lawyer and sued big yellow for copyright infringement? Speaking of Cats, isn't that a great ad by Cat Power for the Lincoln MKS? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6osnv_cat-power-lincoln-mks-ad-major-tom_music

  23. #23dieseldave2008-12-31 19:17

    Big D, Thank you for starting this incredibly entertaining thread! I'd write more but I have to get back to working on my bulldozer blade-equipped track-type tractor. Hey wait a minute, it's a D6- so I guess I meant to say I've got to get back to working on my Caterpillar . Or do I have to specify "bulldozer-equipped Caterpillar track-type tractor"?

  24. #24HEO Girl2008-12-31 20:07

    . . Typing gets me so confused sometimes on what people are actually meaning in their posts. Anger, Sarcasm, Just Joking Around? I am so confused >.<

  25. #25Deere96702008-12-31 20:17

    Hello HEO Girl, welcome to the forum! Dont let the old farts bug ya too much......we dont want you to end up like catchick!

  26. #26DPete2008-12-31 20:17

    A little of each girl, welcome to the forum

  27. #27Grader4me2008-12-31 21:02

    Hi HEO Girl. The above statement is from the founder of HEF. Pretty much sums it up

  28. #28dieseldave2008-12-31 23:41

    Sarcasm and joking around for the most part, I think. Anyone who titles a thread "setting some folks straight" is just asking for it, IMHO Enjoy the forum, HEO Girl!

  29. #29Deas Plant2009-01-01 00:27

    Welkum too ther 4um. Hi, HEO Girl. Welkum too ther 4um. I'm with Dieseldave in the last part of his post about people asking for it. Not that I haven't done a little bit of 'setting people straight' on this 4um (Not a spelling mstake - just a lazy typist.) myself but I try to pick topics where it makes a difference where it makes a difference and I also don't usually head the post with that sort of title. In this case, I think there might be - maybe - a whole 2 people on the 4um who give a 'rat's' about the matter. (Somebody else posted something along the same lines earlier in the thread.) You have a wonderful day. Best wishes. Deas Plant. P.S. Big D, get a life.

  30. #30australian pete2009-01-01 04:59

    gee , i am getting really confused now,i also thought vermeer was owned by caterpillar because my vermeer grinder is yellow, i kept waking up all last night thinking about yellow machines, next thing you know big d will be saying santa aint real.

  31. #31Legdoc2009-01-01 08:27

    Welcome HEO girl and happy new year from South Texas !

  32. #32digger242j2009-01-01 09:09

    I'm sure most of the general public would look at the fact that many of us are annoyed when the media identifies any piece of earthmoving equipment as a "bulldozer", and wonder what the big deal is. They don't care to make the distinction, and wonder why we should. While everybody is having fun with this topic, pointing out other examples of "Proprietary Eponyms" (thanks, roddyo, I learned something new), let's not lose sight of the fact that we're doing it at Big D's expense. His profile says he spent 18 years with CAT, so the subject matter might be every bit as sensitive to him as other various subjects are to each of us. I, for one, am not going to fault him for expressing his point of view on that.

  33. #33cat 3852009-01-01 11:09

    heck i was just joking around a little,i work for a large co. and they call all of the excavators back hoes,it bugged me at first but i got used to it.i enjoy the info and the people on this sight if i didn't i wouldn't be here,i got some members on this sight stirred up because of how i titled a thread,but in my eyes it was just trying to make some people aware of what i ran across,that is the problem with text it is hard to tell how they meant it.happy new year. shawn-

  34. #34Greg2009-01-01 11:55

    HERE HERE!!!!! BIG D. I am so fed up with other excavators I know calling there deeres, dressers, cases, their cats. I always correct them on the issue. If they can't call it a dozer or crawler they should never be allowed to buy a Cat. Oh ya, you forgot "Payloader" too.

  35. #35Reuben2009-01-01 13:06

    Heres one, Chevy is there anything other then Chevy.:falldownlaugh.

  36. #36Deas Plant2009-01-01 13:40

    Point of view. Hi, Digger242j. I would defend Big D's right to have his views and his say. How-wevver, that does not mean that I have to agree with either of them. Yes, I do think that the 'meejya' ought to get their act together and call whatever machine they are talking about by its proper name because what they are doing now is nothing less than misinformation. How-wevver, I have no control over this and even less intention of losing any sleep over it. I know what machine I may be talking about at any given time and the people with whom I am talking often seem to know and understand too. THAT is what really matters. (Surprising, huh?) I very much doubt that there was any confusion among the members of this forum with regard to the title of this thread or the origins of the machines being discussed. It would surprise the bejayzuz out of me if anybody here thought that Caterpillar had started a factory or factories in Russia and were making those 'Cats' that don't look like Cats under the Caterpillar name. Just my 0.02.

  37. #37digger242j2009-01-01 14:29

    Me too. I agree wholeheartedly with that as well. Spirited debate is what makes the forums go 'round. I just had noticed that Big D hadn't made any further comment since the opening post, and was thinking he might be feeling that every one was "piling on" so to speak. That left the discussion one-sided, and a one-sided discussion is not debate. It was an effort to be sure that everybody continues to feel comfortable expressing their respective opinions that motivated me to remind everyone that sometimes, somebody else may have reasons for holding opinions that are not readily apparent to others, and sometimes, enlightenment can be found by pondering what might be the reasons behind the opinions. (Or pondering someone's reason for feeling it was important to express said opinion...)

  38. #38dieseldave2009-01-01 15:47

    Perhaps a second look at the "offending" thread- "Russian Caterpillars" posted by Quad- is in order. Note especially the initial 4 posts- Caterpillar was involved with the setup of the Chelyabinsk plant and in the design of the tractors produced there. Take a look at this spec sheet and pics of the Russian S60- http://www.autogallery.org.ru/m/s60.htm -it's bolt for bolt a Cat 60. Yes, the specs are in metric, but convert them to inches and pounds and you'll find that they match the American 60's specs exactly. So in my view the initial title of the thread was pretty accurate- the initial products of Chelyabinsk were quite literally "Russian Caterpillars". Obviously they went their own way later on. LOL As to the sanctity of the Caterpillar name, I have the utmost respect for the company founded by Messrs. Best and Holt. Their policy of "build the best tractor possible and let the cost fall where it may" was responsible for some of the finest machinery ever to grace this planet. I have a bunch of 40's and 50's Caterpillars and the quality and pride of those who designed and built them still shows. But the corporate Cat of today is a different animal. I'm disappointed by the quality of the latest machines I've been associated with (D6T's abd 330's) and disgusted by Cat's licensing of their name to cheap imported crap (boots, toys, etc.). As far as people's feelings are concerned, what about Quad's? He posts an interesting and informative thread then gets slapped over a matter of semantics? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but "expressing one's point of view" and "setting some folks straight" is not the same thing. Sorry, Digger, I know you're trying to do the right thing, but I can't agree with you in this case.

  39. #39dieseldave2009-01-01 15:58

    I see that you posted while I was busy (slowly) typing. I basically agree with the above, but I want to add that Quad also has not posted since, and I wonder if he was offended at being "set straight"?

  40. #40BIG D2009-01-01 20:01

    a apoligy I realized my previous statemrnt was very poorly stated and in no way ment to reflect on thr article on russian built caterpillar tractors. This was a very informative article one of my favorites. I am sorry to have offended that author I will in the future try to air my thoughts in a more civilized manner and as 385 said it happens and is really doesnt manner. just today my son-law who has operated deere excavators for 10+ yrs still calls them bacjkhoes so ILL keep putting my 2 cents worth in and try to state in a more civilized manner . simply since this is the best forum I have found on the internet i clearly once in print seemed not be the point I ment to make thanks for your patience BIG D

  41. #41Squizzy246B2009-01-01 20:43

    G,day Big D, No need to apologise, and I for one are at least part in favour of your original statement, mainly for the sake of general "international" discussion. Because of the (often mis-leading) geographical vernacular used it sometimes takes awhile for slow brained individuals like myself to pick up on what actual machine is being discussed. What may be perfectly acceptable in one area can be hell confusing to someone from a different region or country. Excavators are Excavators and Backhoes are Backhoes in my book. But I don't let it worry me too much. I have had for some years now been trying to stem the flow of the "Bobcat" tide in my area....but despite my many references to "Skid Steer Loader" it seems I'm destined to fail in the face of the mass opinion. One thing I will not tolerate is people from that penal colony (just across the English Channel from France) coming to this free country (without chains and manacles mind you) and calling my Dyson vacuum cleaner a "Hoover"....thats just plain rude!.

  42. #42Deas Plant2009-01-01 20:54

    Apology. Hi, Big D. I can't do any 'bone-pointing' (old Australian aboriginal witchcraft trick to kill somebody off) 'cos I have put up a post or two that others haven't understood or have been offended by. I think the thing about your post that got to people was the title, "Setting some people straight". Most of the people here know the difference between the various brands and manufacturers and know that the names, 'Cat' and 'Caterpillar' are commonly applied to that company's products. However, in this particular case, the beginning of the thread in question mentioned that the Russians had copied the Cat Sixties that they had bought and thus started their own crawler tractor manufacturing industry, hence the thread title. Don't let this little incident 'throwya'.

  43. #43BIG D2009-01-01 21:09

    poor wording this is a point well taken I fully realized this was a cause for the start of desent .The title put a sour taste in peoples minds from the start but if nothing else made me realized different words have different feeling attached to them [as they different stroked for different folks] I want to once again say Ifeel bad using such a poorly stated opening statement thank you all THE BIG D

  44. #44roddyo2009-01-01 21:30

    Welcome Back Big D First off I would like to say I'm glad your back Big D. I would also like to congratulate you on a Sucessful Thread. I have enjoyed this one more than anything this week. You made people Laugh and a few people may have learned something. This forum is about having fun also so don't be TOO civilized. Don't worry, Ol Digger will Hose Us Down With Cold Water if we get too out of line.

  45. #45cat 3852009-01-01 22:04

    BIG D-no need to feel bad,as i said same thing happened to me i about left the site for good but reuben kind of came to the rescue for me,i still keep a lot of my opinions to my self and i'm carefull what i comment on,because i'm an operator not a writer so my typing skills suck to say the least,but i'm glad i stuck around it is cool to have a site where we all do pretty much the same thing only in different way's across the world, this is a great site.

  46. #46cat 3852009-01-01 22:07

    it was a fun word game though

  47. #47roddyo2009-01-01 22:15

    Fun Word Games I loved it, The Last Time I Used my Brain that Much I had to take a Tylenol.

  48. #48qball2009-01-01 22:17

    just a bunch of dirthands out for millertime

  49. #49dieseldave2009-01-01 22:31

    As Digger said earlier "Spirited debate is what makes the forums go 'round" and this was a good one. Funny as hell, and got me to thinking as well, which is a rare enough thing. :cool2 BigD, you may have not gotten across the message you intended but you did a good job nonetheless! :drinkup

  50. #50australian pete2009-01-02 04:59

    hi big d, i thought you were being a bit too serious (no harm in that though ) and i was just trying to be funny, i was not bothered at the heading of your thread and i trust you were not bothered at my attempt at humour,as for calling equipment by the wrong name i call my excavators, excavators, however for some reason i cant explain i call my case skid steer a bobcat, i also find it annoying when experienced earthmovers refer to all articulated dump trucks as moxys, particuarly as moxy dump trucks are relatively rare in australia, i guess that means i am full of contradictions so no one should take much notice of anything i say.

  51. #51Reuben2009-01-02 10:11

    How in the world did I rescue you.:falldownlaugh. I am glad we didnt loose ya.:drinkup. Hey I like debates but I have just recently found that I have to be careful with my words. Yes it is very difficult to "Type your true emotion". Thats why I try to use the icons as much as possible.I remember a psychology professor in school telling the class,"people unconsciensly want everyone to be just like them,but people consciensly cant stand people that are just like them". At the time I thought he was full of it but more and more I wonder if he is right. Anyway back to the topic....alot of people around here call end dumps Euclids. SKid steers are also called Bobcats. A friend called me once and said Hey was that you going down the highway in that bulldozer the other day.

  52. #52willie592009-01-02 10:43

    australian pete, that's one of the funniest statements I've heard! That put's you in a firm state of confusion along with the rest of us! Have fun being as crazy as we are!

  53. #53Deas Plant2009-01-02 11:49

    On 'Pisychology' and taking no notice. Hi Rueben. Your 'pisychology' teacher was absolutely right. How long do you think you'd manage to keep all your 'marbles' if everybody in the whole wide world was exactly like you. And I sure wouldn't want to be married to anybody just like me. LOL. (Gay marriage is DEFINITELY not my thing.) For me personally, I couldn't stand having a horde of 'smar-tasses' like me around all the time. Hell, I might get outdone in the smart backanswer department and that would be unacceptable. LOL. Hi, Atcoequip. I was going to say something similar but I had to rush out. I would point out though that I am NOT in a state of confusion. I just haven't figured anything out yet. LOL. And I've quite likely been trying to figure it out for longer than you. :Banghead :beatsme What does that say about me? ointhead

  54. #54willie592009-01-02 12:07

    Hi Deas Plant. I'm loving this. If your not in a state of confusion with the rest of us, just haven't "figured everything out"? Does that mean; when you figure it out, you'll be in a state of confusion with the rest of us?:roll Have a great day!

  55. #55Deas Plant2009-01-02 12:48

    onfused????????????????????????????? Hi, Atcoequip. NOW I AM confused. I th0ught this thread was about semantics? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? :beatsme

  56. #56willie592009-01-02 13:41

    Everythings good! I wasn't trying to change the subject matter of the thread. Wow, what a wild ride it was. I just couldn't help jumping on a funny moment in the thread with that great statement by australian pete. It was tense and serious for a while until everybody got on the same page, with no enemies made (thank goodness), until pete cracked me up. Great stuff.

  57. #57Deas Plant2009-01-02 15:07

    Fasseeshus. Hi, Atcoequip. In case you missed it, I WAS being 'fasseeshus' (Read, facetious.) in my last post. I have a warped sense of humour - - - - - - - - but I like it.

  58. #58AtlasRob2009-01-02 15:32

    Sarcasm and a sense of humour are two things that can get very quickly out of hand, thank god for the mods I think its our Dyson actually I must admit I bottled it ( chickened out ) I saw nothing but trouble the way this was titled and headed, ( some real funny comments though ) real glad you boys got it sorted. Great Forum, members and mods, keep on keeping on, :drinkup

  59. #59swampdog2009-01-02 16:33

    Yeah, this thread has helped while away a few cold winter hours. It's always fun to gang up on someone. But its even more fun to watch people fall all over themselves apologizing.:drinkup I'm glad to see that HEF members have hearts. I had to look up the quote in HEO Girl's signature (page 2 of this thread). If anyone cares, it's from a Leann Rimes song. A few more lines provide a context: "Mamma said Idle hands are Devil's handy work Oh the trouble you'll get into When you got nothin' better to do, got nothing better to Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah Sign read bait, chips, beer and ammunition That slim-Jim bag boy hadn't a prayer I hiked my skirt and did the talkin' While them boys were busy walkin' Case of .5 out the back door" Not sure if we will hear from HEO Girl again. I don't want to start anything with Deere9670, but his signature line in his post right after HEO Girl's post is, well, . . .

  60. #60Greg2009-01-02 18:41

    How about to many feeble little people with feeble little minds and not enough to do to occupy their feeble little time. HA HA HA

  61. #61union4life2009-01-02 20:22

    If there is a dog at the other end can we call it Cat< Dog ?

  62. #62milling_drum2009-01-02 22:09

    This was an entertaining read. Whats really funny is that terminology for equipment/parts/life in general differs alot from region to region and that those who cannot accept other terms for what they only know as one thing is...well...they have a word for that in the dictionary I simply cannot type here. But it means you may like to get out more often and respect people from areas that might be far from your own area and that they are not wrong, just different. I've lost jobs over these issues and had to take my happy *** on down the road. BTW, HEO girls profile at myspace sez that shes a teen, which means she most likely hasn't been on the recieving end of a foremen/forewoman on a bad day.

  63. #63Deere96702009-01-02 22:55

    cmon' spit it out, I wont be offended Sig is gone, someone ran and told...wonder who

  64. #64swampdog2009-01-02 23:25

    Hey Deere, obviously we have an active moderator who reads the posts. :ban Now anyone that reads this thread in the future will just have to imagine what you had in your sig. :deadhorse

  65. #65roddyo2009-01-02 23:41

    Sig Line I considered your Signature to be Offending to Everyone on here that rides a Moped.

  66. #66willie592009-01-03 00:00

    Whoa, slow down here! Deere, your a Senior Member with, respectfully, 300 posts. You've been here for awhile. Let's get back to what you do best...offering good input on subjects, not controversial matter in your signature lines. I, personally, would like to see more of your input on subject matter in the future and forget about this incident of signature line.

  67. #67BIG D2009-01-03 01:23

    deep thoughts Hi to all I must say I for one learned alot from this posting. but maybe its time to devote our time to other major consierations in future like how will our major suppliers on machinery be affected by current econmic down turns in our society just food for thought . Well what I am saying we are far from where started and if anyone whats to comment feel free. I am just saying there other bigger fish to fry thanks to all of you folks still the BIG D just a tiny bit smarter

  68. #68australian pete2009-01-03 05:00

    hi atcoequip, glad you enjoyed it, i dont think i have to be crazy but i reckon it sure helps.

  69. #69australian pete2009-01-03 05:03

    i guess im safe, i ride a harley.

  70. #70australian pete2009-01-03 05:18

    hi big d, i dont think you have to worry too much about machinery manufacturers,even if some of the big ones do go bankrupt there will always be another company to take them over, im more concerned about the people who use this machinery, whether they be owners or operators, i reckon we are in for a couple of tough years, it looks like in australia we are going to weather the storm a little easier than in the US.hopefully we will all get through it ok, i have lived through a few recessions/economic downturns however this one could be the worst, i dont think it's over yet, still a few big companies to fail yet, that's my prediction.

  71. #71nextdoor2009-01-03 07:47

    Gday Australian pete, I think you are on the money, this down turn has some miles to run yet. One thing Ive noticed over time is that our pollies always try to put alot of positive spin on crappy situations and what scares me a little is they are saying that it is going to get pretty tough in the near future. So if thats a positive spin, well we all better buckle up and hang on tight to the panic bar!! One gets the feeling it might be worse than the "one we had to have".

  72. #72tonka2009-01-03 07:49

    can someone give me the short, on this thread? thanks

  73. #73Squizzy246B2009-01-03 08:57

    Tonka, if this thread was a ship you would report that its not answering the Helm.... However... Detailed analysis by members of the Administration Staff have concluded someone made a bold statement, then we got together for a big discussion, there was some head nodding, some broad sweeping reports, some conjecture then all around back slapping, humourous comments and raft of final outcomes put together. It was concluded we need to form a committee to present a white paper.....after which nothing whatsoever changed. On this basis we have decided to shut the thread down for being politcal in nature..... but I couldn't find my Bic to sign off the closure

  74. #74union4life2009-01-03 08:58

    CAT machine cat>dog>horse = animals orange>apple> pear=fruit Komats'u > CAT> john D = Machine...... It's all Dirt to me..... Happy new year. union4life:usa

  75. #75tonka2009-01-03 09:31

    :beatsmeok i was like what does this have to do with anything equipment related? cary on:usa:notworthy

  76. #76willie592009-01-03 16:50

    I think...we're still working on that part!

  77. #77digger242j2009-01-03 17:51

    What does the prize in the box of Cracker Jack have to do with candy coated popcorn and peanuts? :beatsme

  78. #78stock2009-01-03 18:51

    While now taking notes with my roller ball writing instrument,and on Monday I'll drive my four wheel drive light commercial vehicle to where the hydraulic 360 excavator and tracked crawler tractor are in operation.Set up the Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation device , with a felt tip pen mark the traveller ,retire to the temporary office speak to sanitorial engineer to have her use the vacumme device in the meeting room prior to the time monitoring device displaying the time of 0930. or does this make more sence While now using a biro to make notesand monday I'll drive my Jeep to where the hymac/Cat dozer are inoperation,then setup the laser and with a marker ,mark the traveller.then retire to the portakabin speak to the cleanerto have tthe meeting room hoovered before the Clock stricks 0930

  79. #79australian pete2009-01-04 02:52

    gidday next door, i believe it will be worse than the one we had to have when you consider that in europe and the us financial instatutions, (some of whom have been around for over 100 years) are broke and having to be bailed out by governments, 2 of the 3 us car manufacturers are broke and relying on the government saving them, apparently solid companies in australia like rio tinto sacking 14,000 people and selling assets to pay off debt, you wonder where it will end,no doubt the current crisis will end and we will then have and the good times will return, i reckon the next 12 months will be very interesting, we live in interesting times.