still working on my 1980 580C case backhoe coming along think I finally got the brakes fixed but got to put the dash back together before I can test it out but noticed there a lot of movement in the shifter was wondering if anyone else has the same problem who ever had this one before me did one hell of a number on it I have found all kind of stuff move and turn arounds and upside down or cut or removed so have been putting it back best I can as I knew nothing about a backhoe before I bought it but have learn fast lol been fun when u shift into forward and reverse the shifter just like flops around a lot in the collar where it goes down into the dash.
I also had a problem with the shuttle handle on my 580c holes where roll pin goes ,took handle to machine shop welded up and drilled new holes much cheaper than case replacement also put a new bell crank fitting's on lower throttle linkage all good now
oh ok so not just my thinking then I thought mine was missing something but when I looked at manual didn't see any other parts that went there so just thought I would ask if it was normal or if I needed to figure out something else to do with it cause I hate how sloppy it is when you go to shift into forward and reverse
It shouldn't be too hard to repair, Rick.
I fixed it I found a rubber bushing that went inside the hole and fitted perfectly now I'm ready to put it back together I'll post pics for others with the same problem I'll do that today before I put it back together