Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shims for Wain Roy XLS Quick Coupler

BulldozerRay ยท 2010-07-14 18:27

My new to me JD 410G just came with fairly worn QC. Every thing I've found so far states that it's designed to have shims added but no diagrams or instructions. I can shape some appropriatly measured peices of steel and try to make something work...I would appreciate some input from someone with some experience with these Quick Couplers... Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1Digger Dan2010-07-14 19:55

    Hey I have seen a couple different types of WR couplers, it would probably help if you could post up a pic or two...

  2. #2BulldozerRay2010-07-15 10:24

    Hopefully you can tell from these...

  3. #3LT-x72010-07-15 21:08

    My WR couple looks the same as yours. I bought the coupler new right after I bought the hoe. It didn't come with any shims or have any directions that mention shims, or any directions for that matter. But it certainly could use some shims, like you I've been thinking of making my own. Keep us posted on what you come up with.

  4. #4BulldozerRay2010-07-19 11:41

    Got a nearly new 24" HD dig bucket coming for it...I'll see how that fits...I may just get the QC built up a bit...Still open to any info and I'll share what I find out or do...

  5. #5BulldozerRay2010-07-25 18:37

    Put the nearly new C&P HD bucket on and it fits pretty tight...I could see on the XLS bucket where the shims should go ...Should be easy enough to make some... at the time when I was looking for buckets...None of the XLS bucket were photograghed to show where the shims go...Regular WR and others made to fit don't have the shim pack...