Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shop Equipment Who else use these

bill5362 ยท 2009-04-22 18:19

Here is a Cuda hot water parts washing cabinet that I got lucky and found on EBAY. I have wanted one for a few years but couldn't ever justify the cost of a new one, and used ones are few and far between. The basket in the 2530 features a turntable diameter of 25-inches, working height of 30-inches, and load capacity of 500 lbs. The 2530 Series is equipped with a 3 HP vertical seal-less pump producing 50 GPM at 45 PSI and up to 190 degrees. So here are the before and after pics. We sand blasted the cabinet, epoxy primed everything, and then 3 coats of acrylic enamel paint. Purchase price $300.00 Shipping cost $150.00 Sand for Blasting $40.00 New parts $325.00 Paint & Primer $150.00 Made New Decals $15.00 Total $980.00 Cost for a New one $7760.00

Replies18
  1. #1pwrstroke6john2009-04-22 20:15

    Id say you made out pretty good, nice work.

  2. #2dumpchuck2009-04-22 20:19

    You did an awesome job re-storing that, looks really good. I would love to have one in our shop, but have the same problem- too expensive and wouldn't be used enough to justify the cost of a new one. What you did is the way to go.

  3. #3bill53622009-04-22 21:07

    Pwrstroke6john thanks for the kind words. If took a lot of patience and waiting to find one. Dumpchuck Thank you for your kind words as well, If you get a chance to buy a used one they are extremely simple to work on. I made a diagram of were all the wires were connected and took ever single piece of blasted and painted individually and put back together wanted it to last a long time. Hopefully you will be able to find a good used on for your shop, we aren't a very big shop either but I think it will pay for its self for labor savings.

  4. #4LonestarCobra2009-04-22 21:34

    That is really nice. We had one about that size where I used to work. They also had one you could put a 3412 engine block in. I hope to find a deal like you did and add one to my shop. It sure is nice to be able to be productive while your parts get washed.

  5. #5Red Bank2009-04-22 22:01

    Very nice restoration, I used one of those in the past, I loved it, it was like a big dish washer! Nice find.

  6. #6bill53622009-04-22 22:23

    Thanks Red Bank I think it will be worth it.

  7. #730 dirty years2009-04-22 22:47

    I was looking at one the other day and the guy said they work good but can not remove heavy baked on grease

  8. #8bill53622009-04-22 22:52

    Well I haven't experienced that yet I take a scraper or a puddy knife to remove the really thick stuff. Everything I have read or saw emphasizes that the water has to be hot before putting into the washer. I use the cleaner from Karcher, and turbo shot cleaner additive from ZEP.

  9. #9td25c2009-04-22 23:03

    Great presentation & restoration bill5362.It looks like a very handy unit.

  10. #10OCR2009-04-23 00:46

    Shop Equipment Who else use these: You sure as heck did do a nice job, bill5362... :thumbsup I see you've got a Hotsy plumbed in too. Sure would like to have your shop, looks nice... :cool2 OCR

  11. #11bill53622009-04-23 16:29

    OCR thanks for the nice comments. I try and do things the right way the first time, I hate do it the second time because of cutting corners. Yea I just got the hotsy a few months ago, it was a used unit that was taken in on trade, the dealer went through the machine just before we bought it. It has taken me a long time to get some of this stuff it usually means wait and hard work went I get it. I had a cold pressure washer, then got a hot one of wheels that had a 13 hp honda that was hard to pull start because of it's size then got the hotsy.

  12. #12catd8t2009-04-23 17:53

    in high school the shop had one and on fridays we would drain it on the shop floor and wash the floor

  13. #13rustylhurtt2009-04-24 02:04

    great job

  14. #14OCR2009-04-24 03:10

    Shop Equipment: You're welcome... :thumbsup OCR

  15. #15bill53622009-04-24 08:02

    Thanks rusty

  16. #16LonestarCobra2009-04-24 22:25

    I dont recall the soap we used, but it came in dry form. That stuff when it is real fresh removes paint and all.

  17. #17bear2009-04-25 00:07

    I usd my mom's dishwasher one time in high school. Didn't go down well to say the least. Mom got a new one though and I'm still using the same one for parts. Good job on the restoration Bill I ever get my shop built I'll be happy. If I had a parts washer like that I'd be even happier.

  18. #18bill53622009-04-25 22:57

    If any one is interested in a used one here is one on ebay. This looks like it would be a nice one doesn't look like it would need much work. http://cgi.ebay.com/HOTSY-FRONT-LOA...hash=item200331696605&_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116 Here is the item number