Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Should i buy a case 1150g

salyera ยท 2025-04-03 07:23

I have a 550g. Want something bigger. What are the opinions on a 1150g. Been looking for an 850g. And found this 1150. Low hours but I'm reading some potential problems with seals in the trans

Replies4
  1. #1Coy Lancaster2025-04-03 10:54

    Yeah the teflon seals on the trans shafts wear the groove on the shaft and the oil will bypass when oil warms up.

  2. #2salyera2025-04-05 08:58

    How common is this? What's the fix

  3. #3Coy Lancaster2025-04-05 19:31

    The fix is, is to replace the seals but later on the seals actually wear the shaft and new seals will not fix the issue. The G series aren't as prone to this as the H series. Of course the higher the hour the more it's likely to happen. Also I think it depends on the quality of the oil used in the transmission, the additives that react to the seals and such.

  4. #4davo7272025-04-15 18:33

    If by chance you are looking for a bigger machine to push trees or stumps out consider keeping your 550 and buy an excvator for the trees.