Here are a couple of pics of my utility truck. We built the bed in the shop and mounted the tool boxes. The side boxes are Black Aluminum Weather Gaurd boxes I have Matco Road Chest, 100 gallon diesel tank and a job box. I have a flip over gooseneck ball. The truck is a 2000 Ford F550 with a five speed. We have had regular utility beds before and it just never worked very well for us, I like having the open bed to haul a skid of something or a bucket. So lets see what everyone else has to work with.
I like your truck bill5362.Its hard to get everything you need on one truck,but i'd say your very close.sorry about my picture quality but its all a had on hand.Here are a couple pictures of my service trucks.One is a red 1974 ford f-350 with knapahide bed.It has alot of tool box space,welder,torch,crane.This truck got me in the heavy equipment business.In the second pic you will see the 1974 gmc wrecker.It has a little tool box space ,welder,and torch.There are a few more pics of it on "post your wrecker pictures" forum.Service trucks are invaluable to the heavy equipment business.
my personal rig. 2001 chevy 2500 hd with a reading body.
25C thanks for sharing the pics, looks like you have most things covered, the crane looks very handy. I know you said before you are from French Lick, if you get to Bloomington give me a shout.
Qball hey nice looking truck it is a good size so not too much of a pain to get around in. Thanks for sharing
Will do bill5362.Once in a while I work in Bloomington,mostly concrete work.I like the Bloomington area.Come to think of it ,the re-barr baskets you see in the second picture were going to Ellettsville IN.We had a job up there last summer.
perfect size, b plates, air and satellite radio:drinkup paid 8g 3 years ago. money well spent.
Bill, I have been wanting to setup a 450 or 550 just about like that. Seems to me like the flatbed is more useful than a full service body for what I need one for as well.
Mudmaker yes it works best for what we do, and I have had couple of regular utility beds. They were nice but didn't work best for the work we do.
1950 f-6 Heres mine my father bought new, that started life as a dump truck. About 10 yrs ago I stumbled upon this body off a fire truck for $300. Fuel tank AC/DC Miller/air compressor. Flat heads forever. It works for me.
pinesd3400 now that is an awesome truck, you have done an excellent job of restoring. Thanks for sharing
nice to see some old iron still going
Great looking truck , nice to see that you are still using it. Glad to see your crane in the upright position.
love the truck.:notworthy i would have to put a detroit in it.:tong
Do you like your miller welder qball?I have two gas drive millers and love them.They weld great and are handy when the power lines are down.
qball weren't expounding on how miller is anti union in another thread?
watch your step here
this miller was made in the early 80's and aside from the tecumseh engine, i love it. it is the smoothest d-c welder i have ever used. not that i have used a bunch. as for being non-union, it gets special dispensation because i put a union sticker on it.:tong
Heres my undercover service truck.
Is that a Royal brand bed?
yes it is to bad they dont make it anymore.
Offdiggin, very nice ride. Are the toolboxes in the side, or shelves?
here are a couple from Myers a few years ago
shelves inside.
One of our servicevans
Dutch Co, Martens en Van Oord Service truck
1984 Ex millitary M-1009 CUCV All my tools and supplies. 100 gal transfer tank. Can jump start 12 or 24 volt equipment. It will get to wherever my equipment can.
amundergod, I bet that will go just about anywhere.
Heres our two septic install trucks and one i found at Ritchie Brothers that I thought was cool looking
Nice rigs guys!
That is one slick bed!
Well it took two trips to Ohio (Trans seal came out) but here's my latest. 2003 Isuzu NQR with 13' bed, as you can tell it came out of Sunbelt's Fleet
Nice cabover RandyS! What is the GVW on it?
NQR's like this are 17,900 pounds, the NPR's are real close to 14,000. Anxious to see how it works out for us, Sunbelt normally sells them with 3 oil tanks (waste/hyd/engine), pumps, reels, and dispensors which I needed in a bad way. Took some work to find a nice one, then the trans seal blew, go figure
Wow, that's a nice setup.. good luck with it RandyS
On of our services truck for Sureway Construction in Edmonton, AB Frenchy:canada
My daily ride air ride cab,air ride rear suspension,300 mercedes.
This one had me puzzled. Did you mean to type 900 Mercedes? That looks like a Freightliner M2 Chassis and in that size they would use the 900 MBE. BTW Nice truck.
I'm thinking maybe he means 300 horsepower Mercedes?:beatsme
Yes 300 h.p.
Does a Boonie basher count as "utility"?
How about a pic of the 99 F250 project?
lol. the next time a prospective date calls me a redneck, i'm gonna show her that. :drinkup:drinkup
Not much to show, I had to sell it a couple months ago.
here is mine 07 Isuzu Npr HD
Nice service truck i found on the net!
That sure is a long narrow ladder Hope that is a scissor lift bed
Nice truck pines!!! love the older service rigs. I will try to get one of mine up here tomorrow !!
My daily driver :drinkupA 2008 Pete 335 with Paccar psx 330hp, 10speed, a/c, satellite radio, Miller Bobcat.
Very nice truck Wrench
Thanks, this is a great forum. My Hat is off to all who participates here. I enjoy reading all of the posts and looking at the Pic's. Kudo's
Testa's Fleet Maintenance Truck
We have been using one of these Ford 350s for the last few years.
Some awesome rigs! 30 dirty years, any pics of your other trucks?
D5G this is the one I drive most of the time
Nice! Looks like it is in great shape. What do you haul?
That's a sweet ride.
Happy fathers Day Thanks for all of the replies. Happy Fathers Day to all of you:usa
This is what the company that I work for runs, great set up
This was somebody's service truck ops
Dirt Digger do you work for SJP .I see you have apicture of Billy's service truck.Did they see it or is it sill for sale . Thanks ED
Nice job on the service truck. I also see that nice model 25 Northwest sitting behind the truck. How about a few more pictures of that and some information on it. Please ! LOL
Just another Ford.
Whoops, no photo was attached.
I see it's like the fords I drive.... parts start falling off when the glue loses it's hold
2006 peterbilt 335 custom made trailer .
What method are you using to post pictures?
I don't operate this way anymore and have dismantled but I got a lot done with it.
This isn't a service truck but it got my gears turning. I think a retired fire truck has a lot of potential to become a service truck. It's loaded with compartment space and can often be had pretty cheap. Nearly all are well maintained and have impeccable service with low mileage. Some are on standard commercial chassis while other can be custom like shown here. Either way, I bet one could be converted without too much trouble and give someone a nice low cost service truck. Food for thought.....
Wife wants me to grab one to either put current camper rig on and outfit or start fresh with for a bigger RV. She knows I can think of something unique or odd that functions better than average RV.
Pickup 87 gets the job done. I’d like a bigger rig like some of you have. I could take on more jobs, but my operating expenses would go up, too. I’d have to work more. The rear seat area is packed full of Milwaukee Packout boxes and a Highway Products aluminum tool box behind the cab. Backrack with Rigid D2 Dually lamps. 4 vision X moose lamps on the front (not in the photo). Maybe add a G2 Tommylift in January or do a flatbed with tool boxes on each side. I’m charging $1.25 per mile for call out and it seems to be covering vehicle expenses.
Here is mine. 2007 Chevy 3500 4x4 gas with 175,000 miles. Wish it was diesel, but I bought it used from a Truck Depot in CA for not too much. Used as a service and work truck, and personal vehicle. Added a winch bumper to the front. Ladder rack and work lights. Has two transfer tanks.