Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Silo demolition video!

fArMeRkNoWsBeSt ยท 2008-08-31 13:37

Well part of the barn demolition was tearing down this decayed 35ft silo on the lot. The rest of the pics of the demolition/cleanup can be seen at Now, on with the video! We hired a professional silo demo crew to take it down as there is a house and two sheds very near by that we didn't want to damage. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gK_GcynCKm8 Enjoy, rate, comment and subscribe! Warren

Replies2
  1. #1trenchman2008-08-31 19:42

    Cool video, I have three 20x80 foot silos to take down on my dads farm, I took a 60 footer down like that but the 80 footers scare me a little bit. I take a sledge hammer to the majority of the silo but leave a few staves in the middle and put a long cable around it and pull them staves out with a tractor, a heck of a lot safer.

  2. #2DigDug2008-09-01 12:50

    Good video. I was expecting heavy equipment or dynamite. Glad to see people still use sledge hammers. :drinkup