This is a secondary school that I was on last year during the summer, weather was amazing! The machine I'm using in the pics is a 2007 Hitachi Zaxis ZX225USRLC with a selector grab. It tips the scales without attachment about 23.5t. Relatively small in the demo world but it has great speed, control and more than enough power for its size. Anyway here we go...
2nd Batch 1st Pic with work mate on a Zaxis 130.
3rd and final batch...
great demo pictures, Andy. Keep it up.
Looked like a slam dunk in the old gym!!!!
class dissmised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:notworthy verry cool picts
Armac. Andy, I see that Armac have pulled in a few nice pieces onto the A46 Rugby turn, this is a common route for me on the way to Quarrys and Landfill sites in that area. tctractors
tctractors, Yeh, we've just knocked a bridge near longbridge island last weekend so we had a fair few bits of kit in the area.
cool pics, how old was the school?
hey Andy, what kind of demo are you working on now, mate? Is it pretty busy over there, or has the economy slowed your work too? cheers.
D5G, I would say that school was no older than 20-30 years. Wolf, I'm on a similar school now but a lot smaller. The slow down is affecting the industry but were still busy so I have to be grateful for that! Should I start a new thread for new pics or post them in here, I'm not sure.
Is this the same kind of job as you are doing this summer too, Andy? Get to do any fun stuff like pull down the basketball hoop with your kit? Got any pictures of this year's destruction?
Would You Mind If I Added some Armac Pictures Andy?
Go for it Jack!
Demo Andy, that pic in the Gym is amazing, very cool...
Some new ones: Cat 336 D UHD
what is width and reach for this machine (high reach)?
Width over tracks is 3.3m Reach is around 22m
That has to be the best job in the world.
I love the pics you put up of knocking the old brick buildings. Are those some of the Victorians you were talking about? Those look like pretty old flats? About how old do you think they are? Is that you operating that kit? What was it like to take them down? Did they put up a fight or come down pretty easy like they were supposed to? What are they going to build there in its place?
Last week:
Great pics Andy, I missed this thread glad you updated it. There was a 345? of yours on the M25 a couple of weeks back, I put ? as I was past it before I realised it was there but pretty sure it was a 345. Bloody big when you skip past it by about 10ft in an astravan Had come back to take the footbridge abutment out on the anti clock carriageway by the looks of things.
hehe, cool picture
Yeh thats right AtlasRob, would have been a 345. There a deceiving machine, 60t all in!
Great pics, looks like a nice job. Thanks for sharing. Trbo
awesome pics, mate. thanks for posting. keep the great pics coming.
nice pics andy...i worked for a crowd who bought a volvo 460 and had an artic boom on it nice bit of kit that one....let the big dog eat
i have always wondered why we dont see more rotating grapples for demo here in the usa. that looks like an ideal setup.
WOOOOOOoooooooooooo there Q. You cant be starting a new year with mind bending thoughts like that. Folk will start thinking you have a serious side Have a good one and keep busy. :thumbsup
Beautiful picture of the demolition , thank you
any new UK demo pictures, Andy? any new UK demo pictures, Andy? keep them coming m8.
keep those great demo pics coming m8. keep those great demo pics coming m8.
great pics,sitting here on the p.c makes me want to go tear something down right about know!
can you pull on those rotating grapples? dont know never used one. how tough are they?
You can pull with them, but to a degree. There is a limit but in general there pretty tough. For example if you open the grab fully and peel out a brick wall you can then rake back and level the brick. However pullin and yanking at heavy steels/ concrete beams is not so good.
Seems that the rotating grapples are just awesome when it comes to taking down brick walls. Just tears it apart and gives you lots of control to rake and grab and peel the bricks down. Nothing like a shower of old bricks falling to the ground on a neat old demo job. Love to hear the stories, demoAndy. What kind of jobs you got going now? Any neat old victorians coming down, m8?
No victorian stuff at the moment Wolf, were on a 1970's leisure centre. Almost done there, another couple of weeks maybe.
1970's leisure centers should come down. Bet they are ugly as sin and never should have been built in the first place. Well, hope you are having fun on the jobs, m8.
Some new pics...
great pics why do you crush the masonry?
Just so it can be reused for the new build.
That is cool
Some very cool pics.
do you get extra paid to crush it down ?? (0-32?) we normally dont crush it further than necassary, it could still for filling operations..
Its not really my area of knowledge, but this was crushed to what we call 6F2which I think is 75mm and down. Someone here might correct me on this but I think thats it. Presumably we charge for crushing but again, thats one for management, I'm just the one pulling the levers!
Great pictures. Beautiful job. Now that is some serious demolition. Nice work, Andy!
awesome pics man looks like fun!
Demo Andy, Would those Armac people be using any boom mounted cameras ? If yes, any pictures available ? Thanks ! Ordingen
ORDINGEN, No we don't have any boom mounted cameras on any of our high-reaches. There use if very limited other than the ability to see how much material has built up on upper floors or any hanging pieces of debris which you can't see from the cab. You wouldn't be able to judge distance either (Viewing through cam) and they'd probably end up caked in concrete dust. Having said that given a choice I'd have one! Andy
Great pics Andy. Saw a high reach arm of J.F Hunts south bound behind Gaywoods tractor unit (KANE GROUP ) on Thursday afternoon. Happened to mention it to one of the lads at work today and it transpires the machine was parked up in Toddington services overnight and I missed it. :Banghead Sounds like it was an Hitachi about 80t ! Dont know if thats likely or not and only going by the description 3rd hand
any new pictures Put up some new pictures, please. Love the demo photos you guys post!!!
I think that would possibly be a Hitachi ZX870, Kocurek modified for high reach. Probably 40m working height. Will try and get some new pics.
336 we just ordered 5 new cat336, which would share a long reach and dredging equipment. In addition to three 50tons komatsu and three new volvo 360s. Size do matters
Your company must be doing well! How many different arms are you ordering with the 336s? Will they share just a few high-reach and long-reach arms?
yes, it has finally turn to something more positive. just one set of dredging and long reach arms which would be shared between the machines. we have 3-4 other long reach machines so... all machines with hydraulic undercarriage, tilting cab and straight booms.