Hello guys. I have a Bobcat 843 skid steer. I recently purchased seal and o ring kits for both lifting arms as well as the bucket cylinder. I installed all three kits as well as replaced the seals and o rings in two of the control valves. Afterwards I am still having a slow sinking bucket issue with and without being under load. I am wondering if the remaining two control valve stems are the cause of this or could a relief valve be causing the bucket to sink? I replaced all the above cylinder seals although they were Not leaking.Any help would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks
Could you clarify which cylinder(s) specifically are causing the issue? Loader arms or bucket?
Easiest way to isolate the problem is to cap off the bottom cylinder ports. For tilt this can be done flat on the ground, then raise the loader and see if tilt drifts. For the lift cylinders doing one at a time works. Unless both are bad. . .
The tilt cylinder is the cylinder that is drifting. I have already repacked this cylinder with a new seal kit. I also repacked both loader arm cylinders with new seal kits. I also put new seals on two of the valve stems inside the pump. The bucket still drifts.
Did you also retorque the gland nut on cylinder rods? at least the ones with possible problems
Bobatack I did retorque the gland nut on the tilt cylinder rod. Actually, the gland nut had totally loosened itself. I noticed it during the repacking process. I'm wondering if a relief valve on the pump needs a new o ring or if the remaining two valve stems on the pump need to be resealed(I only resealed 2 of the valve stems). Ozarkag suggested that I cap off the tilt cylinder ports to isolate them and then raise the bucket to see if it drifts downward.
I’d start with the isolation test Ozarkag mentioned. Even though the cylinder has been resealed doesn’t necessarily mean it still can’t be a problem and that is an easy enough test to perform to know for sure
OK 8v71. I will try that and post an update