Can anyone identify what IC4 would be inside a gage cluster on a kobelco sk200? Picture attached. I want to replace it myself and not pay 2 grand for a new cluster. Thanks
If any one has one that they can read the number on it I can tell you what it is and where to get it beware it may be programmable if it is you are out of luck, Also looks like u10 is damaged also. It is a 74hc14 logic chip in soic-14 package
If you haven't lost it the piece that blew off the chip could be inside the cluster housing... you could get the numbers off it... I agree with laycobeau though good chance U4 is a programmable MC.
I been cruising the schematic and cant find a definitive answer if it is programmable and kobelco will not release the info about the chip to me, hell i wouldnt either if i was going to make 2 grand off a new part instead of a couple dollar IC
From what partial numbers are still there it is probably a Pulse Processor, from the surrounding CMOS chips perhaps a HD63140P If there was just a little more of the number it could be nailed down, but will likely be a Universal Pulse Processor and programmed by the manufacture for their requirement. You did not say what led you to believe the particular IC was bad, unless the markings on the top were due to overheating.
I havent dont much troubleshooting on it yet due to other projects, but the giant hole in the IC makes me assume its fucked. Unit wont power on. If its programmed by the manufacturer im **** out of luck anyway. Im going to email them and see if thats the case
I doubt they will tell you how they 'program' it and it is unlikely you have the equipment to program it yourself. . . .should you be able to unsolder and remove it. Removing the smaller IC'S is not too difficult but removing a 64 pin IC without damaging the circuit board -can- be done but isn't easy.
If you look along the line of solders on the right next to f1 and notice all the corrosion on the board. Replacing any parts is pointless the board is scrap. What sk-200 model is itout of. Bussell parts in the UK supplied me with a perfect reconditioned dash of a sk210-6es for 200 pounds and they will post worldwide.
Oh, here all this time I just thought it looked like extra flux with conformal coating on it. Whole dash for 200 pounds and freight sounds pretty good