Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SKC equipment

Brtagrl ยท 2016-02-19 13:09

Has anyone used or had dealings with equipment or dealers of SKC Ltd. (Shinshu Konpoh Company Ltd.) equipment? They are a company out of Japan and my understanding is they sell under the Caterpillar brand. If you have used their equipment, do you have an opinion on it? Good or bad?

Replies9
  1. #1mitch5042016-02-19 20:12

    They sell under the Caterpillar brand?

  2. #2Brtagrl2016-02-19 20:20

    Supposedly. We received contact with them via e-mail asking to utilize our services as they export to North America. We've checked out their website, news articles etc. But in this day where scams are becoming more frequent and elaborate, I wanted to check with the experts. The people who purchase and use the equipment.

  3. #3lantraxco2016-02-19 21:29

    Check with: Atsuo Hayakawa Keystone Overseas, Inc. Phone : +1-650-692-3484 Fax : +1-650-692-3181 Mobile: +1-650-483-9495 Email : [email protected] Website : http://www.keystoneoverseas.com You may tell him Don Lanway of Lanway Tractor has referred you if you wish, I have dealt with him for many years and I think he will know of this company or be able to find out if they are reputable or not. Good luck, Lanway

  4. #4mitch5042016-02-19 21:52

    First, I personally know nothing about this company, but, when you said they sell under the Cat brand, that raised my hackles a little, so I went looking. I found this on their website, which made me feel a little better. "In China, the machines are sold through a network of 60 SKC dealers, owned and operated by local entrepreneurs. In markets outside of China, the products are sold exclusively through a Cat dealer principal owned SKC channel that is separated from the Cat dealership with independent locations and identity . Key export markets for SKC machines include Africa, Asia Pacific, Latin America, CIS, India, and the Middle East." When they say the channel is owned by a Cat dealer principal, they are just saying that the same man who owns their distributor also owns a Cat dealership, though they are totally separate. There sure are plenty of pictures of a Cat sign with something in another language under it, though. That's probably just a marketing ploy. From what I see, they just look like a typical Chinese company, copying others stuff. Lantraxco, Huntoon, and a few others on here do a lot business in the far East, and Nige and a few others are pretty familiar with Mother Cat, maybe one of them will happen by and know something else. Good Luck Mitch

  5. #5mitch5042016-02-19 21:55

    OOps, Lantraxco snuck in behind me!

  6. #6lantraxco2016-02-20 00:55

    I are quiet for a big guy... harmless though :tong Ah, they seem to have offices in Japan, but they're Chinese in origin, the factories are in Shandong province....

  7. #7Brtagrl2016-02-20 14:19

    Thank you lantraxco and mitch504, I'm feeling a little better about this. I did contact Atsuo Hayakawa and am waiting a reply. I appreciate lantraxco sharing your contact information with me and allowing me to use your name. I would feel terrible if this is a legitimate opportunity and missed out because we were too cautious. Also mitch504, thank you for explaining to me what they meant by their channel being owned by a Cat dealer principle. Where we are located we deal a lot with farmers and oil industry contractors not so much with the "big guys". If you're ever in the Stettler, Alberta, Canada area, look me up at Numera Tax and Accounting Services Ltd., I think I owe you both coffee for my peace of mind.

  8. #8Brtagrl2016-02-22 22:37

    lantraxco, Atsuo Hayakawa says hi. Thanks again for letting me use your name when contacting him. He has never heard of this company either.

  9. #9Sadie.Baker2016-08-03 12:18

    It has been confirmed that this company is most definitely illegitimate and trying to perform an operation similar to the cheque cashing scam. Thank you, Numera, for your advice.