Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SKID LOADER FIRE???

DClearing ยท 2018-06-26 17:50

So I bought a 2013 333E last year and it only had about 1200 hrs on it. While still under warranty, I had a High flow sensor go out and my left joy stick go out. John Deere fixed it for me and took care of everything. Well my warranty went out this past March and guess what? Hell has broken loose! While clearing land it all of a sudden went into a protect mode. I have had this happen in the past with water getting into my fuel line but this was different. I creeped it back on my trailer and brought it to the shop. after going through everything I found a melted wiring harness and the fuel pump wires melted and all kinds of messed up. I remember seeing an article about JD skid loaders catching fire and was wondering if anyone knew what causes this to happen? I always maintain my equipment and take care of every little problem. Something else that was really strange is that there were NO codes thrown at all! I know in the past that thing would beep at me if I had the seatbelt too loose... Any ways if yall have any idea what the heck could have caused it please let me know! THANKS IN ADAVANCE!

Replies5
  1. #1Mark2502018-06-27 02:46

    i don't know JD's at all but I would ohm out that fuel pump for sure I would be interested if some one had an electrical schematic to see if there is any protection on that circuit mark

  2. #2Tones2018-06-27 02:57

    The codes would likely show up on a diagnostic puter only. I have had that happen on a JD powered machine

  3. #3DClearing2018-06-28 01:12

    I just got a call today from th JD service dept, and apparently there is a recall on my high flow pump.... funny how all of a sudden i find out about this and not when it was in the shop in Dec or getting warranty work done in Sept...

  4. #4Welder Dave2018-06-28 22:42

    If the fire was related to the recall it should be covered on warranty.

  5. #5Dianna Taylor2022-08-18 13:37

    hello, I am investigating a fire on a 333G JD skid loader so all of these post have helped me thank you very much.