Hello, I was recently cleaning my 2011 CASE 440 skid steer. Spraying it down and I got water in and around the fuse box in the cab on the left hand side and pretty wet around the wiring under the cab. I heard a couple of high pitch beeps. I thought everything was fine until I fired it up again. It is running normally but the hour meter went from 1012 to 6889. I thought maybe it would go back if a connection was wet that needed to dry out but its been sitting in the sun now for two days and has not corrected. Anybody experienced this or know how to fix it?
Never heard of that happening. Hour meters are mainly standalone from my understanding in that they can be replaced and start at zero again. It’s not like an odometer that can’t be changed. Maybe take the hour meter out and clean the connections good the hook it back up with dielectric grease and see what the reading says. If it’s still off, put a new one in and write down the known actual hours from the old one on it somewhere.
The early 400 series machines had instrument cluster issues. Water can easily get in the instrument cluster through the speaker hole. The newer instrument clusters are sealed off at the speaker hole. Sometimes the local electrical repair shop can fix the cluster (if you open it up you will often see water damage inside) This is likely what caused your issue. FYI, the hour meter can only be programmed to higher hours, and the hour meter will NOT roll over to 0 if you program it to 9999. Ask me how I know. There is also a old service update for transient voltage spikes. Easiest way to see if you have this update is there will be a connector added under your fuse panel (its covered in shrink tube). This was serial number specific, so your dealer will have to check if your machine needed it or not.