Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid steer mounted vibratory roller coupler

Mobilewrench · 2026-09-01 16:02

Client picked up a used, Chinese manufactured, no brand, no data tag vibe roller on Saturday, it ran about 10 minutes on Monday before it stopped vibrating. I found that it had sheared the bolts in the transmission coupler between the motor and eccentric shaft and that the coupler needed to be replaced.

Replies13
  1. #1Mobilewrench2026-09-01 16:13

    The only markings on the attachment are from the company that imports and sells them, JCT. Think they are in Sacramento, but their website was useless and had no phone number, just an email address. Guess I have to try that. But just thought I would post and ask if anyone can identify the part by sight. It says, "size 4" on it and there was something that looked like a logo looks like it might be as "S" in a circle.

  2. #2Mobilewrench2026-09-01 20:26

    Nevermind, I found it. It is a "4as rubber coupling size 4" But I am still wondering about part sourcing for the rest of the unit.

  3. #3Deere500a2026-09-01 22:41

    Machinery trader has a dozen vendors selling Jct but no mention of service/parts. Here's one in Utah

  4. #4materthegreater2026-09-01 22:50

    A quick search showed a coupling on eBay, probably the same one you found. My roller does look very similar

  5. #5Mobilewrench2026-09-04 16:45

    Thank for the pics! They ran it for a bit yesterday and it stopped vibrating again. Went down to it pretty sure that the coupler had failed but I was wrong. Eccentric was seized to the drum. Has them bring it up to the yard and tore it down. The bearing on the non motor side had seized.

  6. #6Mobilewrench2026-09-04 16:56

    And I can see why no way to grease it. so, I am going to put a grase nipple right where the yellow paint is.

  7. #7Mobilewrench2026-09-04 16:59

    While it is apparent I am considering adding more weight to the eccentric shaft. Any thoughts?

  8. #8materthegreater2026-09-04 17:43

    Mine has a grease fitting right in the middle of that round end plate:

  9. #9materthegreater2026-09-04 17:45

    Does it not hit hard enough for them? Mine seems to hit pretty hard but obviously not as hard as a ride on roller. I wonder if the bearings and the rest of the roller can handle more vibration.

  10. #10Tones2026-09-04 18:50

    Are those bearings Spherical Roller bearings, if not they should be IMO.

  11. #11Welder Dave2026-09-06 17:06

    Since there is another thread concerning skid steer rollers I wonder if there's supposed to be oil in the rollers to add weight and lubricate the bearings?

  12. #12Tags2026-09-14 06:23

    I had a Bradco/Paladin brand one years ago. The exciter shaft was hollow and had gear oil in it to lubricate the bearings. The problem was, once the seals went bad you never knew it, and all the gear oil would drop into the roller without you knowing it. You had to constantly check the gear oil. I lent it to somebody and they ran it with down pressure on it, wrecked the seals, and then chewed up the exciter shaft. I had it repaired and sold it, it was just easier to buy a dedicated roller. I don’t think those skid steer attachment rollers take much abuse well. It did pack well though.

  13. #13KSSS2026-09-14 09:24

    Those rollers, regardless of OEM just don't seem to hold up. I personally never owned one, always thought it would be handy. https://www.mbw.com/product/ats73/ These rollers from MBW I think might be the solution, i just don't know anyone that has one. They have been out for a while, They changed the design from a typical roller.