Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Skid Steer – Other brand

boominco ยท 2011-10-07 02:23

I hope somebody can help me with SSL operation. Actually, I'm not an engineer and my company have the problem with the Skid Steer. This Korean model SSL has the Hydraulic Joystick control lever. In a slope, when the operator let go the lever, the SSL would not stop and moving down. I know that mechanical control type SSL will stop on the even steep slope when the oprator let go the lever. Would you tell me if this kind of moving down is normal ?

Replies9
  1. #1boominco2011-10-09 21:37

    Another question, wonder why nobody gives any reply LOL...

  2. #2Karl Robbers2011-10-10 07:09

    It is a little hard to accurately reply when we do not know the make of skid steer, (is it a hyundai by any chance?). My understanding is that this should not be occurring, but I am unsure as to the reason. If it were a mechanical control machine I would say it were a centering issue with the controls. You need to talk to either a competent hydraulic technician or to a mechanic conversant with pilot control hydrostatic drives.

  3. #3Reel hip2011-10-11 18:48

    Is the joystick linkage loose at all? Does it (the stick) move down hill the same direction as the hill? If the machine was turned around would the stick fall the other way? How much does the machine move? Does it only move on a slope. Will the machine stall out or idle down if the brake was set on the hill?

  4. #4boominco2011-10-11 23:57

    Thank you very much Mr. Karl and Reel. It's a sort of new brand.(Not Hyundai) I think the joystick linkage is no problem. But when the operator let go the lever on a slope, the SSL would not stop. If the operator lifted up the safty bar, the SSL stop by brake. (machine does not stall out or idle down.) I wonder the SSL should stop on a slope by letting go the joystick. (without safety bar brake.) I'm sorry for my poor Engish to explain this. But I linked the video file. Thanks for your kind assistance. http://blog.naver.com/boominco/130120824273

  5. #5KSSS2011-10-12 16:27

    It wont stop on its own. If the machine is on a steep enough grade it will roll unless you counteract that with some joystick movement in the opposite direction or apply parking brake. There is no swing brake system like on an excavator that will stop the movement at least not on any skid steer that I know of.

  6. #6Reel hip2011-10-12 17:58

    I could not get the video to play. But I agree with KSSS! If it is on a steep enough slope it will move down the hill slow. It sounds as if the adjustments are correct on the joy stick, since the motor does not idle down when the brake is set. My wheeled bobcats all move down a hill at a creep. My track machine (bobcat T300) does not move on a hill. By the way good job on your English, I can't speak a word of Korean!

  7. #7boominco2011-10-12 23:56

    Thanks for the valuable assistance friends, all the information was great help. Thanks again!!

  8. #8kuangqy2011-10-15 09:53

    It's normal, When SSL is on the steep enough slope, the hydraulic oil will leakage from the motor and pump's relief value by the hydraulic presure. The quality of the motor and pump is very important, the better hydraulic component the leakage less.

  9. #9mowingman2025-03-12 16:54

    Interesting! I did not know Fecon was using ASV for one of their mulching units. At one time, they used Rayco for their smaller machines.