Do you guys know what a slewing reversal prevention switch does? thanks
Good day Jeremy That is new to me, sounds as though it prevents the reversal of slewing until the superstructure has come to rest. Which machine promotes this feature Kind regards Uffex
It’s a Takeuchi tb1140
Good day Jeremy Taken a look at the Hydraulic & Electrical schematic, the machine has what I would refer to as a standard slew motor - brake. The abnormality is that the brake line has a solenoid valve, when activated this would prevent the slew brake from applying. I do not have an operators manual but I guess it is the one I have highlighted yellow in the attachment. Kind regards Uffex
Thank you Uffex! One more question, is this different than a normal slew brake, because this machine either doesn’t have one or it doesn’t work. Traveling is hard because you have to hold the cabin in place. It drifts really bad. It also continues past the spot you stop in. Is there an easy way to tell if mine is broke, turned off, or inexistent? Thanks again
It's a certain bet that the OEM would not have sent a machine out the door in that condition. Yes, I would be chasing through the brake circuits to figure out if the brake itself is at fault or no. Others will chime in, but I believe most brakes are applied without hydro power. Meaning, if you can park it on a hill, shut it off, and it drifts around, the brake itself would seem to have issues.
Good day Jeremy It appears that you do have an issue wth the brake, my suggestion would be check that the solenoid valve is without power as with power it will prevent the brake from applying, you could simply disconnect the electrics and test. I do not have a good illustration of the solenoid but if you would take a few snaps of the components & connection to the brake , post them we can help some more. Kind regards Uffex