I know that slope boards are very common out west, but how far east to they come. I am staring this thread to show some of the eastern states how they are used and how useful they are. So if you have any good pics of Slope Boards please share also if you have any links to manufactures please share here are a few for starters
All the guys in CA have them, can't say for around here...maybe they're factory option or custom built at their own shops? Pics please if you have any!
There are manufactures for them there not custom. Most of the d8 and smaller dozers I ran in CA had at least one slope board on them. Sorry no pics
As far as N.C. I have never seen one here before, and I have a good eye for spotting equipment
Nope Never had any here. Most likely theyd get ripped off on a tree or a rock. lots of both here. Theyd prolly be in the way more than a help. Don't know how strong those are but it would prolly get ripped off in about ten minutes on a rock just sumthin else to break. If not please edumacate!
Never seen one around here.
Way it's looking this is something from the movies nobody has seen them except in california. just kidding. finals week is almost over and I'm in too good of a mood not to agravate.
We've Kinda had a thread about these before. I had never seen them either and asked about them. D8 Blade Extender - Heavy Equipment Forums
Slopeboards Slopeboards on dozers have been used here in Alaska for many years. D8's , D9's. With the big scraper spreads. Of course, now that has changed over the years. New trends taking hold. Here's a Cat D8K with one.
Small slopeboard They come in all sizes . Found the picture on the net.
i would have never thought they were all the way up in Alaska i thought they made their way into Texas as well....
:cool2 hey 9420 I know you got more picts than that stop holdin out on these guys
Alaska slopeboards Hello 9420, I run D9G slopeboard in 1977 for Green Cons't on the Steese Hwy. here. MB had them at the time, and Wilder later and others I know. There are some real artists with them, in curves and benches, beautiful work.
Can't say that I have ever seen any of the in person. They do look like for the right application and operator, they are a wonderful attatchment. Trbo
I think the idea makes sense, use the board instead of wearing out the U/C running the cat on the slope. I'm sure it's another tool, that does a good job as long as it's used for it's intended purpose. I saw an operator using a D8T with one, shaping a building pad on my trip to California a few years ago. Guy made it look easy. Alan627b
More slopeboard pics form the California expidition.
Thanks for that link, very intresting :thumbsup Never seen or heard of one before can imagine it being very productive in a steep deep cut with scrapers. But I can also imagine the number of times they get torn off by experts using them for the wrong application :Banghead
I've been around a couple of machines with them. You will probably get thrown out of the seat before you actually damage one. They do cause the board side of the undercarriage to wear faster and the blade linkages get real sloppy if the shims in the trunnions aren't taken care of. They do need to be for a specific purpose though or all they do is ride and block the vision of the operator.
Cool pics Alan627b Has anyone ever seen a TD-25 with a slope board attachment ?
keep them coming....
John C is right they are built to take some abuse. I tried my best to rip one off a D9 trying to get a rock out of a slope, but they can wear out a dozer fast.
Never seen one here in Okie land. Try to stay from road jobs at that stage of construction.
TD-25 W/slopeboard We have a customer that we haul his TD-25 that uses a slopeboard
ATECO, Inc. always had a great board. You can get one if you are willing to wait a month.
Northart we still have them, let me know if you need one. Peter
The outfit I worked for back in NZ made one up for a TD 15B back in the 70s, was real handy doing batters, no need to get a grader in to trim the cuts as a grader was what was used back then to trim batters, untill excavators came along. Cheers RDG.
Lets go back to the beginning, late 1940s.... http://www.petersonholding.com/about/banksloper.htm