how can I fix my blade on my td 25g dozer I don't want to spend the money to line bore it at 800 per hole how about bushings ? and whats the best way to do that if u are going to do it your self
If you are in Fargo, go over to RDO in Moorehead. They sell a bushing that expands when you tighten it in. you have to measure the worn hole and order to fit. I can't remember what they are called but construction parts there will know. I used a few on old D7 I had. worked good.
Yair . . . EARTHWORM . What style blade (push beams or "C" frame) and where is the slop? Cheers.
push arms slop is on the tilt pins and both sides right and left hey scrub I was in q land about 15 years ago I did a year at the south pole and hit aussie land it was great hope to get back their some day soon
Yair . . . EARTHWORM . Gotcha mate. I once applied for the South Pole gig but didn't quite have the qualifications and so didn't make the cut. About your blade. I am a rough old bush mechanic and on a ranch or station tractor there are lots of ways to fix slop without costing a lot of money . . . provided you don't cost your time at commercial rates. As always some pictures would help . . . I am not familiar with your machine. Cheers.
I made some new oversize bushings for my D7 push arms and hand fit them with a grinder. Put the new pins in, then welded them in. Not as good or as hard as store bought, but much better than it was. I'm lucky and have access to a lathe, but im sure you could get a machine shop to make you some for a reasonable price. One of the top holes on the blade side was a little egg shaped, I built up the top of the pin only in that area then ground it to fit that hole and hardened the pin. Again not the only or best way, but it has worked well for me.
Yair . . . Nice job 69Camaro! . . . . that is one method I was going to suggest to EARTHWORM Even just welding up the bores and bringing then back to size with a mandrel made of stacked worn out and 'dressed to size' 4" grinding disks (spun with a decent drill) can make a huge difference . . . lets face it these components (in my view) are not precision engineering. Such remedies can be very time consuming but don't cost much in materials and are well worth the effort on an older couple of hundred hours a year machine. Cheers.