Hi everyone, I recently purchased a 2019 Deere 317g with around 700 hours. The problem I’m having is it’s very slow to boom down and curl down, it gets a little better hot but still slow. Boom up and curl up are normal speed. The hydraulic fluid, filter, and base was recently changed. I was going to try swapping the boom up and down solenoids but thought I’d ask on here first. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Welcome to HEF SCWS6 ! Serial number? Scroll to codes. Any codes in the monitor?
Thanks mg2361! Serial number: 1TO317GJHKJ365137 It does have some stored codes. I will list them when I get home.
Stored codes are ECU 523249.05, ECU 522243.05, VCU 158.04, and VCU 168.04 No active codes.
No active codes when operating? What are your boom up and bucket curl cycle times? Those stored codes are not your issue. First thing I would do is to perform a calibration. I'll PM you the procedure. Did you know that machine is in extended warranty. I would call the dealer to double check that.
The calibration procedure fixed it. Boom down times went from 20 seconds to 4. Thanks for your help I really appreciate it. I also did not know it had an extended warranty and I will check into that. Is there a service manual that has those procedures that I can buy?
TM13850X19 is the Operation and Test manual, which is the manual for theory of operation, troubleshooting procedures and schematics (and calibration procedure). TM13854X19 Is the Repair manual, which is just repair procedures (disassembly and assembly) for the machine (except hydraulic cylinders, that is yet another manual, CTM120519). CTM120419 Is the Engine manual, which covers theory, diagnostics and repair procedures for the Yanmar engine in your machine.
Perfect. Thanks again for all your help!
Can you pm me on how to do calibration?
I have same problem right now
Check your PM.
Could you pleaseee send me how to calibrate it at well?? Same issue, a small tune up now it’s not calibrated
Same issue
Welcome to HEF Migu8lito ! Serial number?
LOL! This blew up fast!
Hello sorry to ask can you send me the calibration process as well i have the same issue please My serial number is 1T0317GJPJJ335527
Check your messages.
Please refer to MG as "Master and Commander"
Hi MG could I also bother you for the calibration procedure? *170317GJAKJ350912
Serial is 1T0, not 170. See your messages.
MG, Could you also please send me the calibration procedure? I am trying to figure out a similar issue with my bucket hydraulics moving slowly. Serial #1T0317GJKJJ333682
Welcome to HEF Streetjk ! Thanks for supplying the serial number. Message sent.
Thank you very much! That fixed my issue, works perfectly now!
Hey MG, could you please message me the calibration procedure also? I'd truly appreciate it. Have been having a similar issue for about a week now, just with the tracks moving slow enough to where it is noticeable if you are used to their normal speed. Also a little jerky at times. Tonight machine just threw a HCU code, 523108.13 Serial # 1T0317GJEJJ344773 Have been thinking it needs a calibration and am hoping it will fix it after seeing this code. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to HEF JC'sdad ! Message sent.
mg2361, I'm not a Deere guy, but what causes all these to be re-calibrated if you will? Anyways, Kudos to you and others for always taking the time to help, this site is great. Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Thank you so much, you're awesome!!
When you calibrate the hydraulics or the hydrostats, it sets a threshold (in milliamps) in the controller when things start to move. It also learns the milliamps for things like turtle travel speed and rabbit travel speed in the hydrostats. Another thing it learns is maximum lever travel in all directions. So, every time you go to boom up, the controller starts immediately at that threshold to move a function, then ramps up from there. So, lets say it takes 50 mA's to move the boom up. Over time when things wear, spools may start moving easier, so when the controller commands that 50 mA's to start the boom up, the boom may now start to move up at 40 mA's, which may now be a hard jerk of a start (hence the complaint of jerkiness). Re-calibration resets those values to allow for the wear. We recommend re-calibrating every 500 - 1000 hrs, depending on the machine.
Thank you for explaining ! Now I get it!
goodmorning MG I have an 2018 317g with same problem I did all services already still the same can u send me the procedure to calibrate mine hope that will fix my problem too?
Welcome to HEF Rudy ! Sent
Good evening. I’m having the same issue as everyone else with my 2018 317g and I did the calibration with no luck. Maybe I did something incorrectly? Serial # 1t0317gjphj321086
Welcome to HEF Elijah ! What specific issue are you having? Are there any codes either active or stored?
My boom up and bucket curl became very sluggish when I was doing a mulching job. Mulcher was starting up slower than usual as well. I replaced the hydro filter and changed fluid, cut open the old one and found no shavings. I also pulled some of the solenoids and they looked clean.
Has the pilot pressure been checked? Has the main system pressure been checked?
Hey MG! I'm having the same issues as everyone here. Did a full service and still slow boom/bucket and track speed. Any chance you can send me the calibration process as well? It would be greatly appreciated as this issue is frustrating. Thank you! Vin# 1T0317GJCHJ311498
Welcome to HEF Birelart ! Check your messages.
Mg could you send me the calibration procedure? Thanks in advance
Welcome to HEF Diggit22 ! When requesting information, make sure to always include the machine's serial number. Fortunately the calibration procedure is the same with the different serial 317's. Check your messages.
Thank you very much!
Could i please get this calibration plan?? My JD 324g is doing the same thing. Please help!!!
Welcome to HEF Randle ! In the future, try to include the machine serial number when inquiring for advice. Check your messages.
My new to me John Deere 317g is very weak in the curl down position and can barely lift itself off the ground even at full throttle. Wondering if I need to do a calibration and if so what the process? Serial number 1t0317gjtlj385930
Welcome to HEF Advancedtool ! Kudos for posting a serial number. Next time though, start a fresh thread. If you partially dump your bucket while it is off the ground, then boom down, will the machine lift off the ground, or will the bucket curl back instead? Check your messages, I'll send you the calibration procedure. Try that first. EDIT: I just saw you have a thread started. We'll move there.
Hey Am I able to get the recalibration procedure? John Deere 317G with roughly 1000 hours that’s getting jumpy. Thanks Serial #1T0317GJCKJ357291
@Dan4106 Check your messages.