Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Small Tool Repair

wlhequipment ยท 2017-11-28 15:01

Hi Folks, I hope everyone had enough turkey last week. Personally, I don't believe there is such a thing. I spent the whole thing sitting on the couch because I just had surgery on my ankle and had to keep it elevated and iced. What a PITA. I'm not going to be on my feet for 3 more weeks! Since I had so much time on my hands, I decided to try to do some calls to grow my business. I found a distributor for outdoor power stuff like lawnmower engine parts, and power tools. Come to find out they were looking for a service center in my area. Well, one thing led to another, and within a few days, I am an authorized service center for Ridgid, Ryobi, Powerstroke, and some Milwaukee tools. Those tools are actually all made by the same company. The best thing is, I got a Home Depot just a few blocks away, so I'm hoping the tools they sell will find their way to me. I already had someone drop off a Ryobi. Now I have to figure out how to file the warranty claim. This is one of those things that could work for some revenue generation, if there is a reasonable enough volume. If it turns out to be one or two tools a month, it might not be worthwhile. Anyhow, enough babbling. I better get back to work.

Replies0

No replies yet.