I started to just email the pumpguysc, but I figured I'd make a thread. Now, I really hate to get on here and admit I don't have pump numbers, but I think I have enough info to start a conversation without being chastised too severely. A friend of mine has a link-belt hoe with an Isuzu engine. It has an in-line Zexel pump that is leaking around what I think is unit pumps (where the injector lines connect). I asked him for pics of the nameplate, and I got them, but you can't read the numbers. Mostly what I'm asking is, is this field repairable (if the body isn't eroded)? If so, after removing the clamps, do you take out the small bolts on the side? Crap, I posted this without the pics, so, here they are:
Geez, Mitchell! 3 copies of each pic, and then, somehow they are at the top, when the text says they are at the bottom. Oh, well...at least you guys all know me.
LOL.. your a trip.. lol That's an easy fix.. just an oring & copper gasket & a spring, under the "delivery valve holder".. BEST to have the P# so I can send u the correct ones. BUT YOU GOTTA TORQUE IT to 65 FTLBS.. MIGHT just get away w/ torqueing it back to 65FTLBS.. AS IT SITS??? Worth a try & a trip to the post office.
So the flat head screws on the sides don't have anything to do with it?
The screws locate the barrels in the pump body, no need to touch them
The little thingy that pinches a pair of delivery valves or whatever they are is missing on the leftmost two. Suppose that allowed them to back off?
Its possible.. that's what they're there for.. to keep the dv holders from turning.. I should have them too..
Depending on how much you like this fella.. tell him about the filter screen in the banjo bolt below the hand primer.. the fuel inlet line.. Looks easy enough to check & clean out & will save some serious headaches in the future.. The filter unscrews from the inside of screw.. unscrew, blow off w/ compressed air & screw back in.. done.