Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

snow chains for a 110 john deere backhoe

good-dog ยท 2017-11-19 17:07

Thinking of putting snow chains on the john deer 110 backhoe Been told not a good idea to put chains on the back tires ,not enough clearances. So was looking to put them on the front. Is it worth spending the extra money getting the chains with the lugs Backhoe is never driven on asphalt just sand/gravel driveway and not much faster than a quick walk .But the driveway does get icy over the winter when plowing snow. Any suggestions would be great Keep in mind live in Ont so need to buy as to not ship them from the states. thank to all

Replies5
  1. #1seville0092017-11-19 17:25

    Should be able to eyeball it to see what clearance you have. Can even grab a regular heavy duty chain just to see if that clears everything, as that would be just as big (or bigger) than tire chains.

  2. #2Billrog2017-11-19 19:31

    I've put chains on the front tires of my hoe many times corks on them are not necessary but multiple cross links are eg. every other link of the side rails or they could just end up in the tire lugs or one with a center ring would be best.

  3. #3redneckracin2017-11-20 08:27

    I have run front chains on my little kubota tractor for years and have had no issues. I can't run chains on the rear due to the spacing. there are companies who make wheel spacers to be able to run chains on the rear. Check out tirechains.com and tirechainsrequired.com for some pricing ideas.

  4. #4DualsportWA2017-11-20 10:35

    Since brakes are only in the back, I would be leary if front-only chains, but my terrain is relatively steep...

  5. #5dirthog2017-11-21 11:25

    I have ran chains on every Kubota I have had had them on my L48 for a long time made a set of spacers and got a new set for the back wish I had went that route before. It's like a tank now only problem is if I have to road it someplace which I don't do much anymore just down to two of the neighbors to help them out.