This morning we awoke to about 10" or so of snow & spent most of the day cleaning up the parking/storage yards at work. Must have loaded 30 loads with the 955L from the shove piles. All cleaned up now & the storm has moved on from our area. We heard the NE USA really got it as well.
final snow fall by me..42 inches... https://weather.com/storms/winter/news/snow-winter-storm-stella-news-updates
Nice. That's a Clean old 955. Tom
12-14 inches of heavy wet snow here, 4' drifts in places. First time in 4-5 years I've thrown on tire chains and so very glad they were in the toolbox as always. Broke one crosschain but not the end of the world!
More on yesterdays storm cleanup........
That is a fine looking loader and the operator is not too shabby at the job either! We were at 21 degrees here in middle Tennessee overnight but the temperature rose to 50 plus later in the day. I might get a few hours on the loader tomorrow. Mine will be dirt instead of snow.
It's gonna be 65* today.. lastnite it was 29*, the house heater got a good work out.. supposed to be in the 80's by Tuesday. I think I'll uncover the garden this morning.. I talked to my brother who lives on the PA/NY border.. he got HAMMERED w/snow.. several feet..
Just wet here, wife is jealous of heavy snowfalls as we both like playing in the snow still! Gonna be in 50's today up into 70's by Sunday.
No dirt work for me today. It rained all night and continues today. oh well, it could have been snow!!!!!
can you say" look out".... https://weather.com/news/trending/video/train-blasts-snow-on-waiting-crowd
Now, are you going to tell me that pushing snow is not any fun??
I can't imagine the feeling of getting paid for doing something like that, especially if one was not required to do the wrenching when S^*# happens! That is also a nice machine and I bet it even has a heater.
This winter sucked here in Saskatchewan. Other then a two day blizzard we got a week and half ago that made 15 foot snow banks, when moving them my dad said they broke into chunks the size of cars and he just pushed them out of the yard into the field.
Yeah......here too, never had hardly any winter in our area either this year at all, then we got this storm early in the week. Something about pushing snow with heavy equipment is fun, even though we are about ready for spring! Calendar says just 3 more days!