Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

So, yellow isn’t yellow?

Case Jon · 2021-06-15 23:11

Just bought 1992 Case 580 Super K. can anyone tell me the paint code? Is this “Power Yellow”? looking for rattle cans for touch up. Are there any good suppliers online? thanks in advance.

Replies20
  1. #1joe--h2021-06-16 00:25

    I think you're going to need more than a rattle can for that one. Joe H

  2. #2thepumpguysc2021-06-16 03:15

    I get mine at “Tractor Supply”.. Perfect match..

  3. #3NH575E2021-06-16 10:18

    Looks like somebody already painted the hoses once. To me nothing looks worse than a machine that's been painted without any detail. It has character as it sits. I would just run it.

  4. #4Case Jon2021-06-16 12:20

    Thanks, yes. I hate when people don't tape off hoses! Character, yes. Want to prime and paint a few rust spots.

  5. #5Coy Lancaster2021-06-16 13:33

    The color is called Power Tan by Case, like thepumpguy said I'd look at TSC to see what they have. If all else fails you can pick it up at local dealer.

  6. #6Tinkerer2021-06-16 14:27

    Case Power Tan Yellow is sometimes confused with Case Power Yellow.

  7. #7Coy Lancaster2021-06-16 16:02

    Only in the older machines like the 580-580d's and some of the early E series that color was more of an industrial yellow.

  8. #8JDT44302021-06-17 07:24

    I agree taping things off when painting makes a big difference, also aluminum foils works awesome in a lot of places especially things like hoses and wires because you can form the foil to any shape and is quick and easy install and removal.

  9. #9JBrady2021-06-17 10:59

    Along this topic, does anyone know what John Deere yellow is called for their industrial equipment around late 80's/early 90's? I'd like to touch up some rust spots on a 1989 550G dozer. John deere yellow is way too bright.

  10. #10boone2021-06-17 11:21

    Old Construction Yellow is 1991 and older. I think they switched to the newer color in Nov 1992. Source: https://crossimplement.com/file/202/John Deere Paint Catalog.pdf

  11. #11JBrady2021-06-17 11:36

    Thanks so much!

  12. #12thepumpguysc2021-06-18 07:15

    I too bought some JD Yellow at Walmart.. Man U wanna talk about a BRITE YELLOW.!!! Ida been better off painting it Case Yellow.!!

  13. #13Welder Dave2021-06-18 16:04

    Maybe there should be universal construction yellow used by all manufacturers to avoid all the confusion. Maybe Euclid/Terex were onto something using green?

  14. #14MarcNH2021-06-20 12:10
  15. #15Bote2021-06-25 08:54

    I bought a quart of yellow paint for $19 and a spray can for $10.75 from the Case dealer. They match perfectly. I've used the paint in my sprayer and even brushed it on small areas.

  16. #16Nick G2023-09-04 09:57

    Awesome find! Thank you for sharing

  17. #17boone2023-09-04 10:55

    Glad you found this. I saw your other question and I couldn’t remember where I posted this. Lol

  18. #18kshansen2023-09-04 11:51

    Not sure that comparison to Euclid/Terex is much better We had some of those machines years ago at the quarry and there was a bit of difference at least when comparing the US made to the Brazilian made Terex/Euclid machines. A side note, my first boss at the shop was a golfer and had one of the guys in the shop paint his old Harley Davidson Golf cart Euclid green!

  19. #19Welder Dave2023-09-04 16:20

    That would sure stick out. At a golf course I worked at 1 summer one of the members had a golf cart they used for years painted like the Montreal Canadians logo. I only saw it from a distance but it was pretty neat.

  20. #20NH575E2023-09-04 17:26

    I think that was probably for the wheels on the green john deeres.