Hi folks , have my hitachi ex30 , some trouble with it not cutting of on the key , my solonoid plunger seems buggered how do I test it too send it power to see is it shooting out on the wee lever or how do I test the wires going too it , it’s removed now
Check the 3 wires on the machine harness side for, - good ground - 12 volts with key in the run position only (hold in coil). - 12 volts with key in start position only (pull in coil). You can bench test the solenoid by connecting a battery as above and check the solenoid operation. Once the solenoid is in the run position, remove the corresponding wire to the pull in coil , the solenoid should remain in the run position. . The shut off solenoid relay may be sticking if the shut off solenoid intermittently won’t kill the engine with the key off.
I will try that Dave thanks and get back too you at start of the week