Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Some “M” questions

oversize ยท 2009-05-06 07:26

OK I am not operator I transport machines, I had to pick 14m the other day a band new one and take it to the cat dealer, 1) how does the rear steering work and is there a switch to turn it on 2) where is the control for the ripper's ( where not fitted but the machine had the mounts for them ) 3) what is the rocker type switch for on the front of the right joy stick for Thanks for the help

Replies3
  1. #166ken2009-05-07 09:24

    1) The articulation is done by twisting the LH stick. This function is disabled from the factory and has to be turned on by a laptop computer prior to delivery. 2) There are 4 finger switches on the right side of the cab, or a small joystick that can be programed to run it. 3) It is the resume function for throttle control.

  2. #2oversize2009-05-08 02:54

    Thank you I will have to look for the switch for the ripper next time i load one that has theam fitted,

  3. #3CAT140H2009-05-18 15:03

    Just to veer off a bit but a question about graders. Now that Cat has made a electric dozer D7E, will Cat make a electric drive grader? Imagine a 160E. They probably have something on the go already.