I noticed last week the tractor was running pretty hot but it was a rather hot day too. Today I found out why it was running hot after getting a steam shower out the front. I idled it down and got it moved off to the side of the MX track. After a couple hours took some old anti-freeze I strained and some distilled water to top it up enough to get it back to the shop. The guy that went out on the quad with me with the anti-freeze and water was wondering why I didn't put the rototiller in the ground on the way back to the shop. It overheated a couple hours ago and I had to shut it off and now it's fine to just put it back to work in 2nd gear and 3/4 throttle? Why are some people so clueless? After putting it in a faster gear I got it back to shop, added some rain water to fill the rad to the top and tried to figure why it was overheating. No bubbles in the rad. but when filled to the top was leaking. Looking up underneath noticed anti-freeze dripping from a hose clamp. Couldn't see where the leak was but then looked around the rad. cap and noticed a couple strands on the upper rad hose. Was barely able to get my fingers under the hood but felt a soft spot in the hose. Someone else showed up that's a hoe operator and helped me lift the hood off. Sure enough the upper rad. hose had split along its length. Managed to get it off without lifting the fuel tank. Putting the new one on might be fun but it could have been a lot worse than just a blown hose. Hose is likely original from 1965 so it had a long life. It looked like a really good hose and not plain rubber. It had like a sheet of something around the inside that ripped when the outer cover let go.
No replies yet.