I live in a world of boulders. I'm forever moving boulders. I've always said a Tractor Backhoe Loader was designed wrong. I have a powerful dust pan, and a powerful broom. Trouble is, I can't use them simultaneously. I want a backward bucket loader mounted under the hoe. Caterpillar sort of did it. They have introduced a compact rubber tracked excavator with quick coupler under the hoe. It takes loader buckets, and other attachments. It's not quite what I wanted, but close enough to take notice. Willie
Yes I agree. The backhoe cab should spin around with the backhoe boom and be able to load into the loader bucket.
Yair . . . Deon. I believe there are various European/Russian/Chinese machines that do exactly that. I guess they are not more common because of complexity and cost. Cheers.
It's been done and I have one. You need a Haulotte Multijob see http://youtu.be/-k_9HnnAUIE For a lot of the work I do it's fantastic, giving you the features of an excavator and loader in one machine. I can load the 4 in 1 loader bucket with the excavator bucket and its road registrable so I can drive it to jobs without needing a low loader. It's also very well built with solid tier one brand components. Potentially hard to come by as they didn't make many but it puts an ordinary backhoe to shame. AusDave
That is so cool! It's something I might create in a dream, wake up disappointed. I need one! What do they weigh? What do they cost? Can they be bought in the USA? Willie
Here's more. HeavyEquipmentForums