Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

specs on fill

cdm123 ยท 2017-06-03 13:52

Hi all , trying to do an estimate and have found some specs that even Google cant recognize. Any one familiar with the terms (type 1 fill wbx-1) and (type 2 fill wbx-2) ?

Replies4
  1. #1Tinkerer2017-06-03 20:38

    Are you doing an estimate for roadbed fill ? British standards for fill material ? I found this with a Bing search. http://www.pavingexpert.com/subbase.htm

  2. #2cdm1232017-06-04 17:48

    the site you suggest makes no mention of the wbx spec

  3. #3Shimmy12017-06-04 18:11

    Found this for you. It's even from Manitoba. I'm not sure of the wbx-1/wbx-2 part, but I think the type 1/type 2 is good? You.might want to call Winnipeg tomorrow.

  4. #4Tinkerer2017-06-05 13:03

    Sorry, I thought it was. It was in fact a Dept. of Transportation spec. (DTp) on that website. Make a phone call to wherever that bid sheet came from, like Shimmy said. There is no room for errors on a bid. Let us know what it is please. I am guessing it is a weight based spec.