I would like to replace the rear bushings and the ones in the spring hangers one the front axle of my F 600 and a KW. They both look like they have steel bushings maybe lined with brass. How hard is it to press them back in i would like to do them on the truck? The KWs are not grease able and the frame hangers unbolt so they wouldnt be a problem.
I use a hydraulic center hole ram to press them in and out. Makes pretty quick work of it. Does the kw have the threaded pins?
a 20 ton press makes short work on those...cut the old bolts out with a die grinder and 4" wheels
It has plain ones.
The hollow ram is the best way, but a bolt, nut, and stack of washers works. snug the nut, tap the bolt head, snug the nut, tap the head; repeat until after you are bored to tears. :tong
I may try to build something to push them in with a 10 ton porta power.