Hello all! I recently (in April) bought a new Case TR310B w/ high flow and a 72" High Flow Blue Diamond Brush Cutter. My question is when running the cutter in high flow and attempting to move the tracks forwards, back, or side to side the machine makes a "squealing" sound (like a belt slipping) in the front left lower corner of the undercarriage. I do not notice this sound when I'm not running the brush cutter and working the machine with just the bucket and does not occur when running the cutter but not touching the stick to move the tracks. Would a sound like that be normal under load? I'm assuming its related to the hydraulic system? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
When the brush cutter is on the machine, but not spinning, can you run it back and forth without the noise? If it only does it with the aux. hyd. on, try actuating the aux. at the regular flow and not high flow and see if the noise is still there.
I actually ran the cutter for a few hours this evening and noticed a few things. With the cutter off I still get a small amount of squeal when running the machine back and forth. The sound seems more noticeable when I’m running the cutter in high flow than when in Regular/low flow but it’s still there as well. I have approx 15 hours on the machine now and it has done this since I got it. KSSS thanks for the reply and help it’s greatly appreciated. I’ve read several of your posts on here helping others with their machines and was hoping you might see this.
I appreciate that. Unfortunately, I don't have a clear explanation of what your hearing. The fact that noise is coming from the front of the machine left corner of the machine is odd if it was hyd. since the drives are behind you and the pumps are under your seat. I would check the front idler on the left side. Sometimes a rock will get lodged and it will squeal as it rubs against the idler. Check the area well as they can be hard to see sometimes. Other than that, I would let the dealer look at it and see what they say. While its at the dealer, make sure they download the latest B series updates in the computer. If you bought it in April, there are some updates you will benefit from.
Thanks, I’ll check the idler and contact the dealer if I can’t find anything. I actually may have a video of machine while running the cutter when it’s making the sound. I’ll check and edit this post and attach it if I do.
https://youtube.com/shorts/rmUTkkQbaF8?feature=share Here’s the link to the video that I have of the machine making the noise.
I can hear a noise as you are describing prior to the one second mark and again at the 8 sec mark. Is this what your referring to?
Yes thats it, the high pitched squeaking/squealing at the 1, 5, and 8 second mark.
That really sounds to me like something caught in the idler.
I gave the idler and undercarriage a good once over and couldn't find anything, but I'm going to double check next time I'm out at our shop. I've also contacted the dealer and am going to let them have a look as well. Ill post an update when we figure out what's going on.