Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stake body material ????????

Speedpup ยท 2009-12-26 15:29

Where can you buy the steel they make the sides of a steel stake body? I mean the horizontal material that is 6 or 8" wide and corrugated Thanks, here is a link to what I mean http://www.omahastd.com/images/pdf/GMPSB.pdf john

Replies4
  1. #1Dualie2009-12-26 20:12

    Omaha standard will sell to you direct. personally i have given up on the metal steak body racks. They get beat up and start looking like azz in no time flat. wood is cheep and easy to replace when the time needs to be. Seen a new truck that had composite decking used for the steak slats that was nice. Probably last for a long time. if your really interested in the steel slats we have a local hardware supplier dean lewis that does hinges, latches and the like. the pieces are just roll formed steel.

  2. #2cat9802009-12-26 21:05

    you could try a local truck supply center like by my house we have a place called monmouth truck supply

  3. #3Speedpup2009-12-27 10:06

    Thanks for the tips I can try truck body places but they will probably rape me om the price. I have had 4" channel and 3/4" plywood on the truck since 1984. PITA when I poke it wih a fork loading it with scaffold and material..

  4. #4Dualie2009-12-27 23:18

    the thin metal wount hold up much better unfortunately.