Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Steel Core Tracks Vs Non Steel Core Tracks

dieseldog5.9 ยท 2025-10-01 10:06

I am attempting to purchase new tracks for my 247B Cat Skidsteer, and have got lost into the internet worm hole of who has a decent price vs quality. So the question is steel core tracks or non steel core tracks? We are an excavation buisness not landscapers if that makes a difference.

Replies7
  1. #1Vetech632025-10-01 13:24

    If you ask me, I never saw one outlast the other by much. I always went with the same type I was replacing

  2. #2Andy FitzGibbon2025-10-01 16:33

    The 247 has the ASV undercarriage, correct? Are steel belted tracks even an option?

  3. #3dieseldog5.92025-10-01 16:59

    Yes ASV undercarriage. I found 1 site with steel core and another with non steel core. Figured I was missing some piece of the puzzle.

  4. #4Andy FitzGibbon2025-10-01 17:02

    My guess would be that anything you can get will be kevlar belted. I bet the steel belt listing is incorrect. Lots of third party track websites seem to have fairly iffy information.

  5. #5ozarkag2025-10-01 17:41

    By definition the Asv track style, ( Cat models ending in 7) is a non metal core track.

  6. #6Welder Dave2025-10-01 23:40

    I was reading about a different rubber track machine that used non steel belted tracks. It claimed steel belted tracks stretch and don't return to original size. I font know if it's true or not.

  7. #7dieseldog5.92025-10-02 06:28

    My concern was that one was inferior to the other, I think you are right it is a mistyped listing. The ASV undercarrages it would make sense are specific track. At this point any track is better than the one I have.