Add in, low lines, steep slopes, pipe thats still in service,stuff in the way, unstable soil conditions, and a ton of ground water. Its keeping this job interesting. At least were still making foward progress.
I wish I could insert pics in order! Heres more. Also the 10.000$ bat house so the poor creatures we displaced during the building demo would have a place to go!
Whats the story with the pipe needed to be demoed?
What's the story with the bat house? That is kind of batty. I thought bats liked to live in caves, anyhow. Why do they need a house? Let the bats be homeless.
I am assuming this is the same project. The pipe is coated outside with asbestos. DD, what's the auger rig used for?
The city is doing a huge water project, the pipe is still fine, just much of it needs to be removed, and new realined, to make room for the new pump station and all of the changes to the system. Wolf as far as the bats its the city of SF water district, we are in San mateo, at the base of Crystal Springs Damn, need I say more? The auger and crane are both used to install what they call stone colums. The auger digs to a predetermined depth, and the the crane with a differant attachment which includes a hopper, that is filled with 3/4 crushed rock, then fills the augered holes with rock, then with compressed air, and down presure on a stinger, also on the crane. they expand and compact the 1ft hole to a diameter of 3ft, from bottem to the surface. This is done on a grid with what looks to be about 8ft spacing of the holes, all of which are laid out by the surveyors. This process is used in the event of a earthquake or slide type situation to prevent the ground from liquifying. That is how it was explained to me, I hope I explained it well enough to make sense
Looks like you got a little bit of ground water there I hate dewatering.
Still at it, heres 15.600lbs coming out of the hole not counting the mud. And some of the new pipe going back in.