Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

String and rubber pieces in hydraulic fluid filters

Robd ยท 2013-05-24 20:40

My hydraulics have not been working or working very slow and pump screams when trying to operate thought I'd start at basics and change filters. I found a lot of string and rubber pieces at filters. I believe most lines are steel braided not string. I did find 2 pieces of regular style rubber hose at pump suction line but when I squeeze it it feels solid. Anyone have this happen before

Replies5
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-05-24 21:26

    I would pull those suction hoses and see it they are coming apart inside, the inner jacket can come loose with the outside still hard and suck it together causing a low flow issue.

  2. #2Robd2013-05-24 21:33

    I'll be pulling lines off tomorrow but could the gears in the pump have string caught up in them since it's the suction line?

  3. #3bhmhydrau2013-05-25 04:54

    on what machine is this?

  4. #4Robd2013-05-25 05:05

    79 international 270 a 80 Hp diesel 14000.lbs

  5. #5oarwhat2013-05-25 07:11

    I don't know your machine but the old Ford's had a screen in the hydraulic tank. It would plug and cause the same symptoms.