Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stuck!!!!

knucklehead98 ยท 2008-12-08 14:47

I think this guy should have gone to one of Dirtmans classes!!!!!!!!! I guess the important thing is they got it out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5P-1PawV3o&feature=related

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies20
  1. #1curly2008-12-08 17:20

    Maybe it's something I can't see there, but back in Washington I have seen guys with the nasties mud deeper than the tracks on steep grades self recovering with the excavator. Seems this guy is worse of a hack than me!

  2. #2darinray2008-12-08 17:36

    At the end of the clip the one guys does say that the rubber track was off on the side we could see. ?? But I agree about being a hack like me. Darin

  3. #3AtlasRob2008-12-10 16:24

    Even with a track off he would have been much better lifting the machine and pulling with the bucket while tracking at the same time. I got a call to rescue this today. I was expected to lift it out :Banghead I spun it around, put the blade just above the ground, then used the bucket to lift the machine in the air to break the suction. I managed to get it sideways a few inches, set it back down, spun the top back facing as it is now and then using the duck bucket as an anchor to pull on, pulled and tracked it out. The lad who had been using it just stood there with his mouth open

  4. #4darinray2008-12-10 16:35

    Showoff. Just kidding! I would be that guy there with his mouth open. Good thing is that I would or anybody would remember that in the future. One of those valuable lessons learned with less money in pocket. Darin

  5. #5dayexco2008-12-10 16:43

    this happened 2 years ago to a competitor of mine. he was cleaning out the cattle stock dam in the background...the roof of the cab of that 330 cat, was lower than the water level in the dam. this guy got in trouble, kept trying to dig himself out before he called for help. it took a 200 kobelco, a 330 kobelco, and a 300 komatsu and many broken chains and cables to get it out. the one pic you can see only the boom of the 330 cat. that's how far he dug himself down.

  6. #6darinray2008-12-10 17:02

    NOW THAT IS STUCK.. Holy crap! What a terrible feeling that must have been and shaking too with all the chains and cables snapping. Here is a pic of ME and my first E110B back in Sept 2002 diggin out one of my fish bowls and the bank got away from me. I had this unit for 2 days and was all excited to run the thing around. Well while working the unit started to fall into the pond so swung around to catch myself becaue I just dumped my spoils out of sight of the pic. But with the sudden tilting motion the unit stalled out and wouldn't start....(the suction strainer on the primer pump was clogged almost solid blocking all fuel. Once cleaned I was able to push myself while trackign out. But I had to get pics first just to show how dumb I was.. past tense... now I'm real dumb. Darin

  7. #7bluntman410g2008-12-11 14:52

    nice pix

  8. #8cat7652008-12-30 12:00

    Pictures like that make you think twice about digging near water. What a sick feeling.

  9. #9rshackleford2009-01-19 14:43

    check these out. it was about a $15,000 bill. http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=77866271&albumId=1079499

  10. #10maulman2009-02-22 21:31

    Before you get too stuck , sometimes chaining a log or two to the track and pulling it through can get you out of some sticky situations, Maulman

  11. #11DIGGERDOGZ2009-03-22 03:03

    bogged pc1250 About 6 months ago we buried a pc 1250 at one of our mine sites when aproximately 500,000 t of dirt slipped from the south west wall of the pit blocking the ramp and half covering the machiene and als mooving the machiene aprox 50 m across the pit floor initial report wer that the slew ring was bent the extraction process took 2 weeks and mimimal damage as a result the machine is in good working order. pill post some pick soon

  12. #12AtlasRob2009-03-22 17:26

    Jeez! that some heap of muck to shove a machine that size. I trust nobody was injured. Pics always awaited in antisipation. Sometimes they dont arrive and thats like constipation. a pita And welcome aboard by the way :drinkup

  13. #13DIGGERDOGZ2009-03-23 01:53

    no nobody was hurt as the pit was closed due rin and the stability of the wall. we are currentlu in the planning process to reestablish the ramp to retrieve the remanig 13000 ounces of gold in the pit. any way here are the pics enjoy

  14. #14DIGGERDOGZ2009-03-23 02:01

    stuck 1250 pics enjoy

  15. #159420pullpan2009-03-23 17:57

    that sucks.... would hate to see the bill for that

  16. #16Tryin'2009-03-23 19:49

    Wow, you guys and the truly big stuff. . . I can't imagine getting that out. I'll bet the extraction was a sight to behold!

  17. #17TLindsay2009-03-23 20:04

    Pictures can tell a thousand words...!

  18. #18Tigerotor77W2009-03-23 21:35

    Wow. Wouldn't know where to start...

  19. #19DIGGERDOGZ2009-03-24 00:16

    i was out on break for the extraction process but we used a cat 330 and a few blokes on shovels to clear arround the machiene then a quick checkof the oils and warter turn the key and hey presto 2 weeks after getting stuck we wakled the maciene out and spent the next week washing the mud off. i have no idear how much it cost to rtetrieve but the machiene was on full hire rate for the whole time..

  20. #20wolcottseptic2009-03-24 21:54

    wow thats crazy