Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Sunny Day?

partsandservice ยท 2014-06-22 12:46

The other day I was changing the oil on a cummins. The person who did the service before me marked the oil filter with the date , hours, and "sunny day". I have some ideas but what is the purpose of describing the weather on service day? This is the first I have ever seen marked like that.

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042014-06-22 12:50

    :beatsme Or as my grandfather used to say: "Dam fino"

  2. #2Mike L2014-06-22 14:06

    nickname? maybe he was an extremely bright fella. I usually put my initials on filters.

  3. #3old-iron-habit2014-06-22 14:19

    Maybe showing that if there was water in the oil analysis that it did not come from the oil change. Or maybe he was just happy to see sunshine for a change. I know I would be.

  4. #4tctractors2014-06-22 16:15

    Come to the U.K. you will not see that on any filter or even a Weather forcast, you are just trying to make me sad. tctractors

  5. #5CM19952014-06-22 18:07

    That would be my guess.:beatsme

  6. #6partsandservice2014-06-22 22:27

    I must be related to the oil analysis. Problem is I had no idea loggers did oil analysis .