What is the exact name of the rollers on a high track cat that are half-way up that hold the track/rail "up". One on each side. Takes the "swag" out. Some dozers have them and others don't. Guess it was an option. I've been told that they help extend the life of your rails. My tractor doesn't have them and thought about purchasing a set if worth the cost. I don't even know what to ask for when I call about purchasing.
Carrier roller Mike
Thanks. I don't have any ideal what the cost will be. In yours and everybody's opinion, are they a good thing for a dozer? It seems like I see about 50% of them on D5H's like mine
I think they're a good thing but I'm not sure how they would help undercarriage life ? The rollers are probably around 180.00 each aftermarket it's the brackets that will cost and depends on what type they some bolt on some are part of the track frame, in my opinion just keep tracks adjusted right, keep clean etc. You'll be fine. Also I think like on a d7 they have carrier rollers because some have extended track frame with extra bottom roller, Mike
Wonder why some dozers have them and others don't? I never could understand that
I'm not sure other than my earlier comment on the d7 dozer....but now you got me wondering :dizzy Mike
I believe they are installed to help keep the whip out of the track, keeps track tension more even, muddy jobs tend to stop them from turning though, see people put them on and others remove them
That makes since...
We have them on 6HXL's. Wouldn't be without them. Rails run smoother without whipping in reverse. I spend quite a bit of time pushing mud cleaning out ponds and have never had a stuck roller. Winter running one better clean out around them.