Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swench

tuney443 ยท 2013-10-27 10:53

Found my second Swench,the 1'' drive,1000 model recently at a great price.This baby puts out 2,000 lbs.' torque.Tried it out on the 1.5'' hardware on my JD450D ROPS that I know hasn't been off in 29 years.Hah--child's play,probably didn't even need the most powerful setting.The shame is that the Army guy I bought it from said his regiment were told to clean up the ''clutter'' in an old armory by tossing perfectly good tools in the dumpster,including my Swench and many more.Guberment waste at it's finest!!!!

Replies14
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-10-27 11:51

    The Swench is a great tool to have, and does a good job tightening and loosening hardware that's for sure!.

  2. #2tool_king2013-10-27 16:14

    tuney443 Any other tools they are getting rid of .please email me at [email protected] . Thanks ED

  3. #3powerjoke2013-10-27 17:13

    Post some pics, you have my interest up now..... I googled it and only came up with a short YouTube vid but I wasn't sure how it worked.....looks like something I might need Pj

  4. #4stinkycat2013-10-27 18:44

    Tuney Great deal on your swench. But it could cost you a lot of lawyer fees the not so smart doggy and may be you have committed a felony All excess property must go to a deposal area listed and offered to other military groups if no takers it is sold at auction. I'm not beating up on you but the whole world knows now

  5. #5kshansen2013-10-27 19:00

    Tuney to protect you from federal prosecution I'll send you my ship to address in a PM. No one needs to know about this crime:thumbsup

  6. #6d9gdon2013-10-27 19:34

    Not if it hit the dumpster first on a direct order from a superior is my understanding...the world's largest military base is in my backyard, but I'm not a lawyer either.

  7. #7mikebramel2013-10-27 19:59

    They are impressive. More power than an air impact for sure. Definately a work out though!!!

  8. #8ValleyFirewood2013-10-27 22:31

    Been there, done that. Never mine just tools... heavy equipment too. Plenty of stuff I would have been happy to have just buried in a hole. Yeah fine, can throw out a $50k Bobcat but then the bosses bitch about the guys using too much printer paper, pens, T.P.... etc... That $50k could have supplied the unit with all that for the next 20 years.

  9. #9powerjoke2014-01-01 22:43

    Thanks to this thread and the for sale forum on here I found a 750 swench , I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival hopefully be here this week but the guy did send me pics of it and i do have a couple of questions for you that have used them..... What I bought seems to be a complete kit and has the offsets included but what does that do to the torque value that these wrenches apply ? Does it increase or decrease, my first thought is that it would increase torque but then after thinking about it I am not sure. Pj

  10. #10powerjoke2014-01-01 22:48

    Also what is the handle tool with the female square used for ? I'm sure I'll figure it all out when it gets here but I am surprised on how little information I can find on a swench on the net Pj

  11. #11dirty4fun2014-01-02 05:28

    I first used one while in the service, and they are impressive as to what they will loosen. I have a 1" drive model, and a 1/2" drive. A friend has a 1 1/2" drive, it is about 5' long and all one person wants to pick up. You will have a nice set up!

  12. #12ScottAR2014-01-03 10:33

    The offsets would increase the torque if they are inline outward of the handle. All other positions within reason would not.

  13. #13powerjoke2014-01-03 21:16

    Well I thought that too but after thinking about it I'm not to sure......maybe I'm over thinking it a little but I would think it would severely decrease the applied torque regardless of what position it was in. Pj

  14. #1495zIV2014-01-03 21:44

    The offset pieces are for spots where you can't get directly in line with what ever you're working on. The one with the female square is for running on fasteners when the wrench is in free mode. That's what I got from the brochure right on the first page in the accessories: http://www.powerhawk.com/download_brouchers/swenchbrochure.pdf