I have adjusted the track to 5/8 in. slack on middle roller with track off ground. so tension and all is well there. When I am moving upgrade track on right side jerks erratic and backing up somewhat. Moving on level ground or down hill does not do it. No sound is being heard just feel it jerking. The Left side does not do it. Hope for some pointers:Banghead. thanks
is the jerking you feel in the handle? :drinkup
Hopefully this isn't it...but a couple T300's i worked on that was jerky it was the electonic actuators bolted to pumps. Does yours have manual linkages or is it electric?
crewchief not feeling it in the handle , its the motion of the machine, but I can feel it on the right side, like its skipping , more so when im turning to the right and up hill . thanks for reply.
JeremiahSr its manual linkage , I'm pretty positive I,m not feeling it in handle , but I will double check tomorrow for sure and give you guys the word.
I'd pull the sprocket off the right side and drain the hub oil and see if it looks metallic.
Thats a good idea Bobcatdan. Also if you roll the cab you can find a return in-line filter to check for particles in motor. This in-line filter is really a strianer so it is cleanable and can reassemble. Checking what Bobcatdan said will pinpoint the final and this test will check your drive motor.
Jeremiah, just wanted first to ask, This is the first track unit I have been in . So I cant tell if I am supposed to experience a rough ride or not. the ground here right now is extremely hard. and I am use to wheel units. I took it out for and hour just now and it is clickin and clackin as I run over the ground but definetly a vibration present that I am not use to on a wheel units, but maybe I'm not use to tracks either. during hour of running I observed charge press running at 305 psi pretty consistent not much flunctation. Got off and felt both drive motors running cool to the touch. so I guess what I am wondering is, am I not just use to running tracks? I will take a look at the drain case filters and on to draining oil as Bobcatdan suggested
There should be two case drain filters on your machine, one for each motor. The one for the right shouldn't be too bad to get at, the left side is kida PITA to get at under the steer councel. As to the ride, I would say they a little rougher then a wheel machine just because there is no real give like tires can have. Track condition makes the biggest difference in ride. If the center cleats are chewed up and worn pretty good, a track machine will rattle your teeth right out of your head.
Bobcatdan . I will pull those filters I spotted the one on right ( sitting in the seat rt side. ) the one on left I haven't spotted yet. will see if I can locate it tomorrow. Can I just clean them up if I don't find metal, and put them back? By the way is there supposed to be zero metal trace in filters or is some small amounts normal.? My dealer is 70 miles from me. I got after that T 190 this afternoon and that is one rough ride I got new tracks to go on it . But I still got some rubber left on the old .and that vibration is in the whole machine on both sides so you are probably right the track condition is keeping me alert. SHAKE ,RATTLE, AND ROLL. well I am 69 . ole saying. Thanks I will return tomorrow with more news. Was going to ask- do I need to cap the lines when I pull the filters are they going to flow Hyd. fluid freely when removed ?:bash:
Small amounts of metal is pretty normal. I have seen enought metal to crush the filter. I guess they could be cleaned and replaced, I always replace them. The right side filter shouldn't leak any oil, the left will act as a drain for the tank. If you look to the front of the fuel tank, you should see the left one laying on the bottom.
Bobcatdan didn't get the case drain filter pulled. got rained out.
Bobcatdan got the case drainfilter pulled and examined thy were clean and I must say real clean see attached. so looks like it may be track problem will try and ge pics of them.
The drive motors should be ok since there is no metal. I would still check the drive motor end hub oil. It is suppose to be changed every 500 hours and you can swap you sprokets side to side for wear.
Will do that next , have another question, I have acquired new set of tracks for that t 190 the spec size for that steer is 320 X86 X49 ( the set I have is 320 X 86 X48 do I have a problem with the fit. I will be one link shorter the rest is the same they are c lug.
Check to see if the track pins are all there,might have one missing>torn out of the rubber.Also block the machine up high enough that you can have someone turn the tracks and let you watch what is going on while the track is turning. You might have a bearing out of the idle or a bottom roller bearing or even a loose roller.Tracks do funnny things when they get high hour use on them.How many hours do you have on these tracks if your talking you got new .Unless someone put on wrong size tracks to start with then the new will problably be tight.Did you check both sides to see if they are the same size? Just throwing out some question and things to look for.Good luck
Thanks for reply Construct'O- I did jack up and run like you said but I was the only one so I was in the machine vibration in forward , and extreme vibration and jumping in reverse. Not for sure on hours on these tracks they or solid deal- person I got the unit from said the new set of tracks was for this unit cant find the size on the solid deal, but what I see on specs for the T 190 calls for 320 X 86 X 49 , the new tracks are 320 X 86X 48.is one link short so will this new set work ? Is there enough room in adjustment to compensate for the one link. would welcome any vies on this matter. the size of the new tracks say they fit a Tak TL126 or TL 26. Bumfuzzled*********** pic left and right
Can't answer you about if your new ones will fit for sure.But if a link short your have a hard time even getting them on i would think.Too tight is just as bad as too loose.Too tight builds up heat and too loose you will be throwing them. By the looks of your picture i would guess your tracks are over do for new ones and the cause of your problems.If the ones you have aren't the right ones maybe you can use them on a trade, there still new thats a plus. Call a Bobcat dealer and have them check your numbers out.Give them your serial# maybe some of the early T190 had different length track.They should be able too answer your question i would think. By the picture, looks like lots of crack in the rubber where the steel pins for the sprockets drive.How's the teeth on the sprocket look are they thin,sharp and curved on the ends.If so that might be you snapping and popping.The pins catching on the sprocket before it rolls off the tooth.You can't beleive how rough the wore out tracks make a machine ride. I had around 2100 hour on a Deere 332 set of tracks and when i put on the new it rode smooth and i just work in dirt with my machine,which extends the time of wear.Plus speed kills just like with steel track machine.Good luck
What type of oil in hubs?
nc have not got to change oil out in hubs yet and check condition of it for metal-( got to get the high dollar oil from bobcat-will try and get that done ---Ive got to pull the tracks and trying to see if this 48 link is going to fit on the 49 link thats on it now.Say when the tensioner is fully retracted on the unit how far back is that if tensioner is close to max extension in inches.max return. is there maybe 6 to 8 inches of travel between fully extended back to home plate?. On the 86 pitch track is that equivalent to approx 3.3 in in length say if your one link short would track be 3.3 inches shorter.? Well I dont do good at math. but maybe the trade Idea would be simplier.and get the 49 links.