My T190 is leaking hydra oil somewhere near the middle-rear on the left side of the machine... Lifted the cab, can't really see a leak...:beatsme Fluid was way low... filled it up today so maybe identify the leak better... can take another look tomorrow. Any suggestions? Something a novice can look for? (and even fix?) Thanks!
Man, there's so many things in there that can leak, hard to say. Do you mean on left side as in sitting in machine on left side? Worse thing about Bobcats is there is typically a disgusting pile of dirt, sticks, gravel, oil, and muck in the belly of those things, sometimes makes it difficult to find leaks because everything is a mess. Just gonna have raise cab and look around. Might even have to have an inspection mirror and flashlight.
yea, ATCO... not a place where you'd wanta do surgery... yes, left side, sitting in the machine. I think I saw a trail of fluid when I parked it late this afternoon... seemed to have awakened it's leak royally... probably a nice mess under there now. I'm looking to sell it, and really want to fix it to secure its value... as it's not really a pretty machine, I'd like to be 100% functionally... (yes, looking to sell to help fund a telehandler)... and as much as I like having it around, it gets almost no use.
update... I let my employee take it home to do a tree cleanup at his place, and he offered to try to locate the leak also. He took one of the sideplates off, and says the leak is on an elbo/fitting in a line that he thinks goes to the aux hydraulics. Where do you typically buy hydraulic fittings or repair parts? The only hydr parts I've bought I got from NAPA.... then again, I guess all the hose and hydr shops around is my own answer. Any tips?
Is there anyway you can post a pic of the leaking fitting? We can probably give you more help if we know what we're working on.
Will try to do that Atco... I haven't seen it myself yet. (I was hoping you would have that ESP stuff going on and just naturally know the exact fitting (that I've never seen) that's leaking... I think he said its an (elbow?), or looks like a piece of pipe that has rusted and there's a pinhole leak in it... (which of course, leaks plenty).... (this is all based on a phone conversation with him).... he's suggesting that we make sure its to the aux hydraulics, and if so, just plug that line (as we don't use them)... I should see it tomorrow.
LoL, there's so many things in the belly of those things that can leak it's hard for one to predict what it is without some info. One thing I can add, if it's typical to Bobcat repairs, you can see the part you need to fix...but you can't touch it. :tong I hope ya get it sorted out. A leak in the belly of a Bobcat gets real messy down in there. :yup
I hear ya, Atco... I appreciate you reading my vague descriptions of my problems... I THINK it is on a line coming from the hydraulic tank going to the aux... left side of machine, under the front/side cover. He says we can get to it... hope he's right. I want to fix it... then sell it.
Let us know what ya find when you get in there and get a good look at it.
does the engine have to be removed from Bobcat T190 to replace the hydraulic tank