Lost the machine during the blizzard... My operator called me and stated he kept blowing the 30 amp fuse that runs the fuel solenoid... I replaced the solenoid 2-3 years ago. When I did... They gave me an updated pigtail that was supposed to be an IMPROVEMENT... Anyway there were no directions saying what to splice where so I just kept the old square style connector that didnt fit super snug and electrical taped it. Could this be causing my issue? Does anyone have a schematic as to what wire goes where? The machine is sitting in a Home Depot parking lot right at the moment so I need to work on it there. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
What year machine? Unhook wires and see if fuse blows first.
If it's in a Home Depot parking lot, I'm guessing you're using it for snow removal. And if you're in Mass, it's colder than a well diggers shoes right now. If it were me, I'd say to heck with fixing it for now and just make it run. If you still have your old solenoid, use it for this, if not, remove the fuel solenoid, remove the pin (or clip) that retains the hooked lever, and remove the spring. Re-install the solenoid but don't connect wiring harness. Machine should start and run now. To shut engine off, either stall it with engine at idle, parking brake on, and push drive levers forward, or, there's a manual shutdown lever on the side of the injection pump. We'll work on fixing the electrical problem when you're in a better (and warmer) position.
The machine is a 2003 I believe... I don't have the old solenoid but can and will take it apart like you have stated... Could it be as simple as replacing the solenoid?. I stopped there today and fault code was "fuel shutoff sol pull off". The active warning light is tripped at that time as well.
Yes, could be faulty solenoid, but we need to sort out your wiring connections and the "not so good" plug connector. I was just offering you a way to get it out of the Home Depot parking lot and get it back to a more friendly environment to work on it.
Thanks Willie.... The connection itself is the square 3 prong square one with the pigtail that is factory.... Only reason I taped it was because it wasn't tight... Without tape... With the slightest vibration, the plug comes apart. Would or should the machine start with the solenoid unplugged?
Nope, solenoid has to be powered up for machine to run. Take power away and it dies. You could actually remove the solenoid and it would run, but leaving an open hole you'd have oil leaking everywhere.
Thanks for the help. I may grab a solenoid and try your fix.
What's the machine serial number?
518916413
Weird, according to the s/n it should only have two wires going to the fuel solenoid. The diagrams don't show a three wire solenoid until s/n 518916789 and above. :beatsme
The solenoid is a two wire but the plug has three prongs.
I'm referring to the Bobcat harness, not the solenoid harness, it shows to have only two wires according to your s/n. If that's correct, and you have a three wire solenoid, it won't work.
Could you elaborate on what the fuel shut-off lever looks like on the injector pump? I have a T200 and need to learn more about it.
Over the model range, the T200 came with either the Deutz engine or the Kubota engine. Which engine does yours have?
Willie.... The solenoid itself has two wires.. The harness has two wires but the square plug from the factory has three "prongs".... Whether it actually makes connection to something I'm not sure. Anyway... I removed the solenoid and disconnected the spring and removed the two levers connected to the solenoid... Reinstalled and machine ran fine... Did just need to get out to shut off but no big deal... I didn't look at the fuse either but can imagine that it did blow. Bobcat wants somewhere in the $500 range for a solenoid... I'm all set with that. I bought one on amazon for $80. Should be here by Thursday.
Good to hear you can move it from the Home Depot lot now. And 80 bucks for a solenoid sounds better than 500. I had a customer about a year ago, T200, he's was having it tough in this economy and not much money to spend, he needed a solenoid as well. Told me he simply can't afford one at the moment and asked if I could make the machine work. Told him "sure I can." Disabled solenoid like you described, put it back on, then tied a small rope to the manual shutdown lever and let rope hang out the hinge side of door with a stick tied to the end. He simply dismounted the machine, walked around the right side and pulled the rope to kill it. He was happy with the redneck repair.
I bought the machine acting the same way... Seller told me it needed a solenoid so I just delt with it for a while. Question is, I can't remember if I had to replace the fuse every time i shut the machine off... I would imagine I would need to as the solenoid is still "plugged in"... Would you assume this to be correct?
If solenoid is, in fact, faulty, yes, it would blow fuse. Since you've disabled the solenoid I'd either pull the fuse out or disconnect the harness at solenoid until you get a replacement.
I appreciate all your help and am sorry for this stupid question but if I disconnect the harness at the solenoid, will it still start and run and can i leave it disconnected all the time until i get a replacement? The replacement should be here Thursday or Friday and I don't plan on using the machine this week but would like to know just because. I am hoping the $80 online part that I purchased from Amazon is the same quality as the Bobcat brand... I am almost willing to bet that Bobcat buys the cheap ones.... tears the stickers off and puts their own logo on them.
Since you have removed the spring and levers removed as you stated in post #16, it will run whenever you crank the engine regardless if you have harness connected or not. The only thing it won't do is shut down engine, you have to do that manually.
Thank you kind sir. I will deal with that for a while.
Deutz BF4M1011F
Update.... New solenoid came in today and all is well. Total cost of $93 by purchasing one on amazon.com as opposed to the $373 price tag from bobcat. Thanks again for all of your help.
Willie....is there a photo you can post of the manual shut down lever at the injection pump say for the kubota engine? thanks in advanced
manual shutdown lever is located directly below the throttle lever . throttle has linkage connected to it, the shut down lever doesnt. kubota engine wasnt introduced until after the t200 went out of production. very early SN S / T 250's had the duetz engine. they werent in production long before the v3300 kubota replaced them. :drinkup
Got question I have 864 it was idling and shut down and throw code 14-03 which is a fuse to fuel I replaced fuse and ran for about 20 minutes and fuse blow again how as soon as you try to start it it runs a few seconds and blows fuse again
my best guess would be a "shorted" fuel shutoff and/or connector, or a bad fuel relay