Was loading a truck this morning and moving around some boney fill when I heard what seemed to me to be a stone in the tracks.... No big deal...so I thought... Suddenly while attempting to move the machine forward heard more "grinding" and stopped.... Got out to see if something was jammed or if I blew another rear idler. Took a look and nothing.... Got back in and tried moving forward only now the machine would "hang up" on the left side and not move.... Only had power in the right side track..... Grabbed a block and jacked the machine up and while it was idling got a warning message on the screen.. "Low hydraulic charge pressure" and after 15 or so seconds.....the machine shut itself off.... After further investigation these are my findings.... I found a BLACK smelly gear oil under the sprocket... I understand this is the gear oil for the wet planetary system but my question is this..... Would losing the planetaries contaminate the hydraulic system? Does anyone have any clue as to what I'm looking at as far as price for parts for this? I'm going to attempt the fix myself unless I'm urged by others on here to leave it to the pros. Anyway, I was able to limp the machine onto the trailer by driving very slowly forward and once it bound up, back a few feet then go forward again slowly... Any suggestions would be great. The machine is a 2003 bobcat t200 with approx 2200 hours on it. Thanks.
My guess is the drive motor gave up the ghost. Low charge pressure could be caused by the motor and nothing else. I'm thinking you are going to have to pull the motor off. Check the case filter for metal. If there is a lot. Change fluid and filter. Plug the hoses going to the motor and run it and see if your low pressure warnings return. If not you should be fine. If you still, check prices as the unit maybe pushing scrap.
If you have gear oil the case is cracked or the face seals are bad. Sounds like you also have a problem with the motor. Price a new unit or rebuilt exchange and get over with it if you need the machine
I'm guessing since the machine was grinding that there was some pretty extensive damage. Should I worry about contamination to the rest of the system?
Pull the cover off the outside of the motor. If it's anything like my Deere it sounds like you just ate a planetary gear. Had this happen and ended up having to buy a whole new motor.
Well.... Was unable to get the sprocket off the motor... Ended up breaking 2 of the 3 hardened steel bolts that I bought to thread into the sprocket and "push" off.... Ended up taking the whole motor and sprocket off as one unit... Hopefully the hydraulic shop I am taking the motor to can press it off..
Yoser, definitely time for a drive motor, I think I am in store to do one on a T190, only problem is I don't know if the machine is worth it.
My machine has approx 2200 hours.... If I can have it rebuilt for under 2,000 then I'm going to. Everything else works fine. How many hours on the 190?
3300 hours, I think the last time I had to replace one I got it from http://www.loaderpartssource.com/ they were the cheapest, only downside was I had to pay the core which was an additional $1000.00 but got it refunded to card when I shipped it back to them,which they paid for the return shipping.
the grinding noise you heard was the outer housing bearing destroying itself, and probably the outer housing as well. later drive motors had a different housing, and larger bearing, that nessitated a different offset sprocket :drinkup
:iagree